Complex Care Management Advanced Practice Clinician
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Conduct Comprehensive Wellness visit of Optum members on IPA physicians’ Skilled Nursing/Post-Acute Care facilities, home visits and potentially Acute/Hospital facilities
- Work within OptumCare proprietary EMR systems when conducting wellness visits
- Approximately 85% daily travel within market
- Interface with physicians and/or medical group staff professionally developing credibility
- Other related duties as assigned and/or needed
- May need to attend future continuing education classes to keep abreast of medical advancements and innovative practice coding, Risk Adjustment guidelines
- Promote the well-being of our senior members of their patients by conducting annual physical exam & wellness assessments with strong emphasis on senior conditions
- Document the senior assessment in an assessment form and a plan of care in a stand-alone medical record and provide a copy to IPA physician’s office at the end of day
- Review medications for polypharmacy compliance and educating patients on medications
- Confirm, disagree or mark resolved chronic conditions from patient-specific lists of historical conditions; confirm plan of care developed for patients seen in the primary care clinic
- Complete a Collaborative review of chronic preventative measures for seniors for quality review
- Utilize tools integrated in the EMR to perform screenings (CORE, PHQ-9, 6-CIT, COA, etc.)
- Perform preventive screenings using the equipment provided by OptumCare and provide a copy to the IPA physician’s office at the end of day
- Travel to primary care clinics throughout Denver and Colorado Springs area
As an Employer of choice, we offer a full comprehensive range of benefits and attractive compensation package:
- Guaranteed base and bonus potential
- Med/Den/Vis, STD, LTD, 401k with match
- Professional Liability
- PTO Accrual
- CME Time & Reimbursement
- Stock Purchase Option/Executive Savings Plan
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted Colorado APRN or PA License or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
- Prescribing Authority or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Family, Geriatrics, or Adult experience
- Flexibility to work in various care environments such as Primary, Post-Acute, Acute and Home visit
- Valid driver’s license or access to reliable transportation
- Can travel the entire state of Colorado to see Patients
- DEA or ability to obtain
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 1+ years of clinical experience in their highest level of education (met 2000 hrs. to practice autonomously)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with HCC coding guidelines in Primary Care
- 2 years of experience working in a managed care health plan environment
- Knowledge of Value Based Care Model
- HEDIS, Coding, Risk Adjustment knowledge
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.