Sr. Product Manager (health care EMR) - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The product and capability teams are critical to delivering the connected data and software systems that UHG business’s need. Whether focused on key big data capabilities such as analytics and reporting, standardization and enrichment, or consumption, or focused on critical data domains such as consumer, provider, eligibility, claims, clinical, or financial, the product team must synthesize market needs and value stories across LOBs, prioritize them with the business and LOB stakeholders, and collaborate with the product and development teams to deliver those capabilities and drive adoption within the enterprise.
- Define Minimum Viable Product features needed for new capabilities, and draw on an agile mindset: implement the minimal thing that that possible work, and rapidly iterate and evolve it based on user and market feedback
- Lead discussions with development teams to identify and support core competencies and key features and functions - seeking to understand the value of core frameworks and components
- Collaborate on the prioritization of all capabilities and features to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value that align with product strategy
- Manage application product roadmap(s) and ensure strategic alignment with the greater product vision
- Support various engineering and project management functions by acting as a liaison between business, product, and development teams to help reduce redundant efforts, increase reuse of existing components, and identify opportunities during design to ensure components are built in such a way as to support external marketability
- Understand key business objectives and strategy of the product, and support the Product team in meeting business objectives, KPIs, MBOs and financial targets
- Conduct product demonstrations to internal and external stakeholders
- Write use cases and acceptance criteria for emerging capabilities and features - including detailed functional & nonfunctional requirements for the engineering and development teams
- Engage with the Strategic Product Owner(s) & Manager(s) to understand the context and synthesized market needs and value stories that drive the features and user story priority. These must delight customers and users, and confound competitor
- Participate in systems requirements definition, testing, training, implementation, and product rollout
- Contribute to outbound product marketing and collateral development, including feature and product capability descriptions, technical specifications and “glossy brochures”, technical user and business value stories, client case studies, FAQ’s, etc.
- Track features and user stories for individual products or apps assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in product management, product marketing, communications, digital solutions, analytics, reporting, product ownership, business analysis, or technical team leadership within a large matrix organization
- Experience with managing product roadmap and ensuring strategic alignment with the greater product vision
- Experience working with electronic medical record(EMR) systems, such as Epic, Cerner or others.
- Familiarity with clinical and/or administrative workflow in EMR
- Understanding of business Intelligence, business analytics, data warehousing, data acquisition, big data engineering or analytics, or some combination of data and technical platforms
- Ability to create and decompose features and write user stories and test acceptance criteria
- Ability to lead translating customer needs into product design documentation including product capabilities and market requirements, including value stories and case studies
- Ability to travel up to 25% annually, USA domestic locations. Travel may be lower depending on project requirements
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Relevant agile certifications: Pragmatic institute, Certified Scrum Product Owner, Scrum Master, etc.
- Experience using Aha! and Rally or Jira
- Delivery experience in health care
- Proven organizational skills with customer empathy and ability to work with ambiguity and changing priorities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.