Field Based - Senior Community Care - Care Navigator - Warwick, RI
$1,500 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that can definitely come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Senior Community Care - Care Navigator is a trained healthcare resource that partners with and supports Optum Advanced Practice Clinicians (APCs). The Care Navigator assists in care coordination activities, administrative tasks and support for members residing in skilled nursing facilities and/or assisted living centers. The role includes strong technical skills, communication and collaboration with the clinical team, facility staff and members and their families.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 7:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Supporting APC(s) with overall coordination of member care, at the direction of the APC
- Functioning as part of a collaborative team
- Data entry and member chart management for:
- New members
- Post hospital visits
- Pre-visit updates
- Health maintenance updates
- Lab results
- Medication entry
- Obtaining medical records following hospitalizations and physician appointments
- Obtaining consult notes, hospital discharge summaries, lab results
- Obtaining updates on members receiving Part A & B therapy
- Uploading lab results, medication changes, new member information into the EMR
- Assisting with scheduling of member appointments and transportation
- Arranging facility and member education
- Building facility relationships
- Supporting virtual family communication and/or virtual clinical visits for APC by holding and operating an iPad during the visits
Tasks for Skilled Nursing Facility member may include:
- Tracking skilled days and assisting with completion of DSTs
- Other tasks within scope, as assigned by the APC
Tasks for Assisted Living Facility members may include:
- Assisting members to utilize benefits
- Transitions to SNF (calling for SNF Bed, gathering medical records & sending to SNF, sending orders, arranging transportation)
- Coordinating Home Health and DME
- Other tasks within scope, as assigned by the APC
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years Clinical or Medical Record Experience. Strong knowledge of medical terminology and working within E.H.R. platforms. Experience working in cross functional, inter and multi-disciplinary teams
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Daily travel between nursing homes and/or assisted living communities
- Must be able to travel between these locations: Warwick, RI
- Flexible business/early evening hours, 8hr workday with 1 hour lunch, hours may vary between 8am-7pm
- Experience in Microsoft Word (edit, create & save documents), Microsoft Excel (adding, sorting & filtering data) and Microsoft Office (email, folders, attachments and calendaring)
- Experience and proficiency with EMRs
- Understanding or experience with medical team collaboration
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Certified Nursing Assistant certification or Certified Medical Assistant certification preferred
- Experience with CMS compliance preferred
- Strong communication skills required
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple deliverables
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where healthcare has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #RED