Behavioral Care Advocate (Psych Rehab Program, Maryland) - Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a UM Care Advocate within the Optum’s dedicated Maryland Medicaid Behavioral Health team you will use your clinical skills to conduct initial and concurrent reviews of Behavioral Health services specific to Psychiatric Rehabilitation Programs (PRP).
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Review both initial and concurrent requests for Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (PRP) authorizations submitted through a provider portal
- Obtain additional information from providers on PRP requests for treatment as needed
- Make patient assessments and determine appropriate levels of care
- Coordinate transitions between various levels of care
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Independently Licensed Master's degree level clinician in: Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or Marriage & Family Counseling; OR Licensed Ph.D.; OR Registered Nurse with Behavioral Health experience
- Active, unrestricted, independent license in the state of Maryland (i.e., LCPC, LCSW, LCSW-C, or LCMFT)
- 2+ years of behavioral health clinical experience in a behavioral health setting
- Access to high-speed internet (Cable Broadband, DSL, Fiber Optic) and a dedicated, distraction-free workspace at home
- 6+ months of experience with utilization management
- Telephone queue experience
- Experience with Medicaid populations
- Experience with utilization management
- Knowledge of Maryland Medicaid Level of Care Guidelines
- Knowledge of public resources throughout Maryland
- Knowledge of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (PRP) guidelines in the state of Maryland
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Ability to think and act quickly in fast-paced settings
- Bilingual Spanish
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.