UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Care Coordinator supports the Complex Case Management Behavioral Health clinical team with coordinating services in the outpatient setting. Provides administrative support for referral management and non-clinical activities.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm Pacific Standard Time. No nights, no weekends and no holidays.
- Assist the Complex Case Management Team to:
- Reconcile census daily, with ICM (electronic medical record) assignment
- Schedule appointments
- Obtain medical records
- Schedule transportation for patients, as requested by Case managers
- Prepare educational packets
- Meet with members in the community to assist with outpatient services and assist with various SDoH (social determinant of health)needs
- Make referrals to community-based organizations
- Refer members to various HPN CM programs as appropriate
- Work with Case Managers to engage members
- Assist with transportation needs of member
- Assist with housing needs for member
- Document member contact in ICM
- Process and/or create referrals to case management staff through the use of various company-based electronic systems (ICM, @ Your Service, email, etc.)
- Perform data entry of member-related information as directed
- Perform member notifications as directed by case management staff
- Prepare and/or update spreadsheets and other departmental reports and databases
- Maintain educational material inventory
- Perform other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED or 1+ years of equivalent experience in health care (i.e. hospital, managed care organization, or joint medical/behavioral outpatient practice)
- 3 months experience working in the healthcare industry (i.e. hospital, managed care organization, or joint medical/behavioral outpatient practice)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office including Excel, spreadsheets, charts and power point presentations
- Reliable transportation, valid and unrestricted driver’s license, proof of insurance and ability to travel 75% of the time to provider offices or other locations within service delivery area
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree in mental/behavioral health field
- Exposure to mental health and substance use disorder diagnoses and terminology
- Prior experience with behavioral health environment
- Casework experience at hospitals, social service agencies or community mental health centers
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Possess learning skills to gain and apply new information and strong critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of patient care delivery in a managed care environment.
- Prefer a basic knowledge of both state programs and the community-based services.
- Demonstrates initiative toward problem solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of general clinical processes and procedures
- Bilingual- Spanish
- Strong interpersonal communication and written skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work. (sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $16.83 to $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: wellness coordinator, behavioral health, healthcare, customer service, UHG, coordinator, care coordinator, nonclinical, #RPO, #red