Behavioral Health Care Advocate - Atlanta Office, Hybrid - $5K Sign-On for Externals
*** $5000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates! ***
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that's defining the future of behavioral health care.
The overall purpose of the Behavioral Health Care Advocate is to coordinate care with members to improve the member’s ability to remain stable in the community and out of the hospital. This coordination includes intensive coordination, discharge coordination, and care coordination for members. The Behavioral Health Care Advocate role is to engage the person in the treatment process and then assist him/her to access the appropriate community services so they can pursue their treatment goals in the community and avoid institutionalization. This position focuses on members with high needs, high utilization, and in need of complex Behavioral Health Care Coordination and works closely with members, providers, state stakeholders, Utilization Management, and Peer Support.
This is a hybrid position. The typical schedule includes working onsite in our Atlanta, GA office three day per week and at home two days per week.
The hours are Monday - Friday during normal business hours, including one late night until 7 PM per week.
- Performing care management activities to ensure that members move through the continuum of care efficiently and safely
- Utilize advanced clinical skills to engage and motivate members via a recovery, health, and wellness-oriented approach telephonically
- Assist members and their families/caregivers with connections to appropriate psychiatric, medical, and psychosocial referrals and services
- Identify and remove barriers to procurement, delivery, participation in and success of services
- Assessing and interpreting customer needs and requirements
- Reviews cases and analyzes clinical information in conjunction with Medical Directors to determine the appropriateness of hospitalization
- Escalates cases to the Medical Director for case discussion or peer-to-peer intervention as appropriate
- Performs anticipatory discharge planning in accordance with the patient's benefits and available alternative resources
- Collaborates with Medical peers on consideration of discharge planning needs
- Refers members to disease management or case management programs
- Assists with the development of treatment plans
- Documents activities according to established standards
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed Master's-level Clinician in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or Marriage or Family Counseling; Licensed Ph.D.; OR RN with behavioral health experience
- Active, unrestricted clinical license to practice independently in Georgia (i.e., LP, LPC, LCSW, LMFT, or RN)
- 2+ years of post-licensure experience in a behavioral health setting
- Experience with email, internet research, online calendars, and other software applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Outlook, Internet)
- Computer / typing proficiency to enter and retrieve data in electronic clinical records
- Access to install secure high-speed internet via Cable Broadband, DSL, or Fiber at home
- Dedicated, distraction-free workspace at home
- Ability to work onsite in our Atlanta office located at 2100 River Edge Parkway, Atlanta, GA an average of three days per week
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Outpatient and Inpatient experience, with a focus on Collaborative Care model (integrative care)
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordinating benefits and utilizing multiple groups and resources for patients
- Care coordination or case management experience
- Experience with managed care or working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and identification of community-based resources
- Knowledge of Level of Care Guidelines
- Motivational interviewing skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a realated entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal candidates") are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.