Acute Care Sales Specialist - Northern Virginia or Alexandria or Fairfax County
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Under the direction of the Regional Sales Director, the Acute Care Sales Specialist is responsible for the sale of Optum Infusion Services products, programs and services in assigned geographical areas to specific target groups. The Acute Care Sales Specialist leverages specialized knowledge, skills, and services of the organization to assist with coordination of infusion care for patients with complex health care needs to provide a comprehensive, coherent, and continuous response to a patient's unique care needs. To facilitate the appropriate delivery of health care services, this role works with internal and external resources needed to carry out all required patient care activities, and is often managed by the exchange of information among participants responsible for different aspects of care.
- Identifies prospective, high volume clients in target groups for assigned area. Secures appointments and qualifies these accounts
- In conjunction with Optum Infusion Services overall marketing plan, makes a sales plan with specific target accounts and sales objectives. Upon approval of the plan, is responsible for the successful accomplishment of this plan including representing the company and achieving budgetary goals set forth
- Ensures that branch staff are informed of all target accounts and specific client needs in order to insure proper servicing of the client
- Conducts follow - up on all maintenance accounts to ascertain continued satisfaction with Optum Infusion Services and identify areas to increase business. Responsible for problem - solving issues with referral sources and other hospital or clinic - based programs related to the delivery of home infusion and all related support services. Shares in the responsibility for administrative management of system - wide quality assurance monitoring programs, including managing of clinical database information and related work
- Serve as liaison between the account and the branch to facilitate communication and resolve problems if they occur. Routinely conducts quality assurance activities through reviews, meetings, reports and observation of results, according to professional practice standards and regulatory compliance. Evaluates and monitors program needs, identifies unmet needs and works with referral source and internal partners to revise services as program needs change. Provides feedback to Optum Infusion Services management on sales issues, customer and patient satisfaction / complaints, etc.
- Refers all prospects outside of assigned geographical area to the VP of Sales for potential reassignment
- Joins and attends key professional organizations to increase visibility of Optum Infusion Services and increase business opportunities
- Provides in - services to accounts as needed
- Attends training classes and reads current professional articles on both clinical and sales issues
- Attends weekly sales and staff meetings and participates in sales conference calls
- Participates in exhibits and seminars to promote Optum Infusion Services
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of work experience
- 3+ years of healthcare sales / account management experience
- Managed care experience
- Experience calling on Case Managers, Nurses, Physicians
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Current, Unrestricted RN license in state of application
- Home health experience
- Home Infusion experience
- DME experience
- Experience selling a service
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.