Field Care Coordinator - Social Worker or LPN - Telecommute - Greene County, TN - $5000 Sign-On Bonus
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of a care management team who will manage a caseload of complex members, the Field Care Coordinator will be the primary care manager for elderly and/or disabled members with complex medical/ behavioral health needs. Care coordination activities will focus on supporting member’s medical, behavioral, and socioeconomic needs to promote appropriate utilization of services and improved quality of care.
This is a home-based position with field responsibilities 50% to 75% of the time.
If you are located in Greene County, TN, or the close surrounding area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as primary care manager for elderly and/or disabled members who live in individual housing, community-based housing (ALF or CLS homes) or nursing facilities
- Engage members and/or their families face-to-face and/or telephonically to complete a comprehensive needs assessment, including assessment of medical, behavioral, functional, cultural, and socioeconomic (SDoH) needs
- Develop and implement individualized, person-centered care plans inclusive of goals, opportunities and interventions aligned with a person’s readiness to change to support the best health and quality of life outcomes by meeting the member where they are
- Partner and collaborate with internal care team, providers, and community resources/partners to implement care plan
- Provide referral and linkage as appropriate and accepted by member (may include internal consult opportunities such as Housing Navigator, Pharmacy Team, Peer Specialist, etc. or community-based provider referrals such as PCP, specialists, medication assisted therapy referrals, etc.)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active/unrestricted LPN or Social Worker (LBSW, LMS, LPC or LCSW) License for the state of TN
- 2+ years of experience working within the community health setting or in a health care role
- 1+ year of experience with local health providers and/or community support organizations addressing the SDoH (e.g., food banks, non-emergent transportation, utility assistance, housing / rapid re-housing assistance, etc.
- 1+ years of experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Reliable transportation and live within or commutable distance to Greene County, Tennessee, to meet with members and providers
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Home Health or Long-Term Care experience
- Case management experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience or exposure to discharge planning
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review or risk management
- Background in Managed Care
- Experience working in team-based care
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.