Senior Care Advocate - Pocatello, ID
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES!!
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that’s defining the future of behavioral health care.
If you are located in Idaho or surrounding areas, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support day to day operations of team as subject matter expert for department
- Review staff member assessments and collaborate with medical peers to determine appropriate levels of care
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Review cases and analyze clinical information in conjunction with medical directors
- Manage escalated concerns/cases to resolution
You’ll find the pace fast and the challenges are ongoing. You’ll be expected to document and achieve measurable results. You’ll also need to think and act decisively while working with a diverse member population
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Candidate must reside in the Pocatello Area
- Independently Licensed Master's degree level clinician in: Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage & Family Counseling; OR Licensed Ph.D. or Licensed PsyD; OR an RN with Behavioral Health experience
- Licensure must be current and unrestricted in the State of Idaho
- 3+ years of behavioral health clinical experience in a behavioral health setting
- Designated workspace and access to install secure high speed internet via cable/DSL in home
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of experience working within a Managed Care Organization (MCO)
- Experience in discharge planning and/or chart review
- Experience in inpatient / acute setting or outpatient setting
- Utilization review experience in an insurance company or managed care setting
- Knowledge of Level of Care Guidelines (i.e., Milliman, InterQual, ASAM, LOCUS, CALOCUS-CASII, ECSII, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Medicaid patient population
- Meeting patients face to face
- Traveling throughtout the Pocatello, Idaho area to service members
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.