Field Based Senior Community Care Navigator - Woonsocket, RI
$1,500 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
This position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm (with 1 hour lunch). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and/or weekends.
*The company provides employees with eight (8) paid holidays each year, scheduled in conjunction around major U.S. holidays. (You will not be required to work said holidays.)
- Supporting APC(s) with overall coordination of member care, at the direction of the APC
- Functioning as part of a collaborative team
- Data entry and member chart management for:
- New members
- Post hospital visits
- Pre-visit updates
- Health maintenance updates
- Lab results
- Medication entry
- Obtaining medical records following hospitalizations and physician appointments
- Obtaining consult notes, hospital discharge summaries, lab results
- Obtaining updates on members receiving Part A & B therapy
- Uploading lab results, medication changes, new member information into the EMR
- Assisting with scheduling of member appointments and transportation
- Arranging facility and member education
- Building facility relationships
- Supporting virtual family communication and/or virtual clinical visits for APC by holding and operating an iPad during the visits
- Tasks for Skilled Nursing Facility member may include:
- Tracking skilled days and assisting with completion of DSTs
- Other tasks within scope, as assigned by the APC
- Tasks for Assisted Living Facility members may include:
- Assisting members to utilize benefits
- Transitions to SNF (calling for SNF Bed, gathering medical records & sending to SNF, sending orders, arranging transportation)
- Coordinating Home Health and DME
- Other tasks within scope, as assigned by the APC
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of Clinical or Medical Record Experience. Knowledge of medical terminology and working within E.H.R. platforms. Experience working in cross functional, inter and multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in Microsoft Word (edit, create & save documents), Microsoft Excel (adding, sorting & filtering data) and Microsoft Office (email, folders, attachments, and calendaring)
- Experience and proficiency with EMRs
- Understanding or experience with medical team collaboration
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time between nursing homes and/or assisted living communities
- Ability to work between the hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday to Friday (with 1 hour lunch)
- Reside within a commutable distance of Woonsocket, RI
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Certified Nursing Assistant certification or Certified Medical Assistant certification
- Experience with CMS compliance
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.