Adult APC - Complex Care Management Integral Care Program
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Conduct Comprehensive Wellness visit/screening of Optum members and/or IPA patients within Skilled Nursing/Post-Acute Care facilities, Acute/Hospital facilities, and IM clinics.
- Work within OptumCare proprietary EMR systems when conducting wellness visits.
- Flexibility with travel within Denver market.
- Interface with physicians., care team and/or medical group staff professionally developing a quality working relationship
- Other related duties as assigned and/or needed such as chart reviews, provider education.
- May need to attend future continuing education classes to keep abreast of medical advancements and innovative practice, Risk Adjustment guidelines.
- Promote the well-being of our senior members of their patients by conducting annual physical exam & wellness assessments with strong emphasis on chronic conditions and continuity of care.
- Document the senior assessment in an assessment form and a plan of care in a stand-alone medical record and provide a digital copy within 48 hours to our affiliated IPA clinics.
- Review medications with patient for polypharmacy compliance and post hospital -discharge to promote patient understanding, safety, and medication compliance.
- Confirm, disagree or mark resolved chronic conditions from patient-specific lists of historical conditions; confirm plan of care developed for patients seen in the primary care clinic
- Complete a Collaborative review of chronic preventative measures for seniors for quality review
- Utilize tools integrated in the EMR to perform screenings (DaraCore, PHQ-9, 6-CIT, COA, etc.)
- Perform preventive screenings as indicated and document results within note.
- Travel to primary care clinics throughout Denver area (milage reimbursement program included)
As an Employer of choice, we offer a full comprehensive range of benefits and attractive compensation package:
- Guaranteed base and bonus potential
- Med/Den/Vis, STD, LTD, 401k with match
- Professional Liability
- PTO Accrual
- CME Time & Reimbursement
- Competitive salary and $30k sign on bonus
- Stock Purchase Option/Executive Savings Plan
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted Colorado APRN or PA License or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
- Prescribing Authority or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, Family or Adult experience
- Flexibility to work in various care environments such as Primary, Post-Acute, Acute and Home visit
- Valid driver’s license or access to reliable transportation
- Ability to Travel within the Denver Metro area for patient evaluation/visits (mileage reimbursement available).
- DEA or ability to obtain
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of clinical experience in their highest level of education (met 2000 hrs. to practice autonomously)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with HCC coding guidelines in Primary Care
- 2 years of experience working in a managed care health plan environment
- Knowledge of Value Based Care Model
- HEDIS, Coding, Risk Adjustment knowledge
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.