Behavioral Health Care Consultant (Psych NP) - Hybrid WFH - Denver, CO
$20,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Careers at Landmark, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. At Landmark, we work to deliver high quality, comprehensive care to chronically ill patients wherever they reside and whenever they need it. We focus on doing what’s right for the people we serve, even when it’s not easy. This is your opportunity to be part of a compassionate team that is setting out to change health care for complex, chronic patients. We’re looking for driven people like you because changing the status quo takes dedication. Here, we’ll invest in your personal and professional growth while giving you a unique opportunity to make a difference. Helping people feel their best is a rewarding part of doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Behavioral Health Consultant (BHC) supports the interdisciplinary team: including HbMC provider and Behavioral Health Care Manager (BHCM) through regular consultation on patients with behavioral health and/or substance use disorders. For patients with complex behavioral health conditions, the BHC will evaluate, prescribe, as clinically indicated, and advise the HbMC provider and / or primary care provider on appropriate medications and other treatment strategies. Direct evaluation of patients will be conducted in the home or via telemedicine when clinically indicated as determined by state regulations and/or market need.
You will plan and manage your daily schedule to provide high quality care that is patient-centered and timely. This Monday-Friday role will be based; both in the field and your home office, with no on-call, evenings, or weekends.
- Provide regularly scheduled consultation sessions to assigned BHCMs managing patients experiencing depression, anxiety, or substance use disorders
- Recommend any treatment adjustments through the consultation session or during ad-hoc meetings, including diagnosis and medication recommendations and other interventions
- Advise on treatment for patients who may need more intensive or more specialized behavioral health care, supporting treatment in the medical setting until patients can be engaged in specialized care as appropriate
- Conduct direct clinical evaluation of patients with significant diagnostic or complex behavioral health conditions via in person or telemedicine visits and implement care plans which may include prescribing and monitoring response to treatment through scheduled follow up appointments
- Triage patient to the appropriate level care and collaborate with community prescribers to facilitate transitions to the appropriate level of care
- Deliver behavioral health education to the Interdisciplinary team regarding treatment of behavioral health conditions and substance use disorders for patients with complex medical conditions
- Be an active participate in behavioral health clinical rounds, providing treatment recommendations and sharing best practices with peers and the broader interdisciplinary team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed psychiatric nurse practitioner. Completion of accredited program as a Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Ability to quickly synthesize medical and mental health data and formulate effective and evidence-based clinical recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage and deliver behavioral health interventions to patients in-person or via telemedicine
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary team setting
- Access to reliable transportation. Must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety Policy if driving a vehicle
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3+ years of post PMHNP board certification
- Experience with consultation-liaison Psychiatry, Geriatric and/or complex populations
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive, flexible, and solution-focused attitude
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.