Behavioral Health Care Advocate
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in Wisconsin, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges
- Provide care management services to members which include coordination of care and behavioral health consulting
- Serve Wisconsin Medicaid members telephonically (primarily) with some field responsibilities as needed (within 50mi. travel radius; up to ½ day per week)
- Providing behavioral health education, coaching and treatment decision support for members
- Assess and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Assessing current behavioral health status for members
- Identify and prioritize gaps in care to develop plan of care to empower members to meet identified goals
- Coordinate transitions between various areas of care
- Obtain information from providers and coordinate services amongst provider group
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or Marriage and Family Counseling; OR Licensed Ph.D.; OR Registered Nurse
- Active, unrestricted, independent license to practice in the State of Wisconsin (i.e., LCSW, LMFT, LP, LPC, LPCC, or RN)2+ years of experience in behavioral health
- Ability to Serve Wisconsin Medicaid members telephonically (primarily) with some field responsibilities as needed (50mi. travel radius; <1/2 day per week)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, and internet)
- Residence in the State of Wisconsin
- Dedicated workspace and access to high-speed internet via cable/DSL/fiber service in your home
- Case Management experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordinating benefits and utilizing multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience working with the Medicaid patient population
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.