Field Based Home Care Coordinator (Ambassador) - Saginaw, MI
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home - based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill - equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee - for - service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high - quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality - time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members. Join Landmark to be part of a growing company full of purpose - driven, action - oriented, and compassionate team members working to dramatically transform healthcare for our communities.
The Field Based Home Care Coordinator (Ambassador) is a pivotal member of the Landmark Interdisciplinary Team. This role actively engages with patients both in the home and by telephone. The incumbent will use compassion and empathy to earn patients’ and caregivers’ trust, persistence to support and advocate for them, and excellent communication skills to build impactful relationships.
This position is full - time. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST. must be flexible to work as business need overtime, holiday and/or weekend.
Our office is located at 203 S. Washington Avenue, Saginaw MI 48607
- Conduct home visits and / or phone or video calls to patients to collect clinical and psychosocial information, and carry out designated tasks, including but not limited to:
- Resource referral and connection
- Quality measure documentation, support, and follow up
- Telemedicine facilitation and set up
- Collect information regarding patient conditions using standardized checklists and templates.
- Partner with Landmark interdisciplinary team (providers, nurses, social workers, etc.) to drive improvement in patient outcomes and satisfaction
- Actively participate in weekly interdisciplinary team meetings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience in any of the followings job categories: Home Health Aide; Certified Nursing Assistant; Certified Medical Assistant; Medication Aide; Health Coach; Health Navigator; Healthcare Technician, OR Candidates with experience similar to those listed here are encouraged to apply as well
- Ability to conduct independent home visits, OR, have prior experience making home visits
- Knowledge and proficiency using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook applications
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST Monday-Friday
- Reside within a commutable distance (not to exceed an hour) - Saginaw, MI
- Experience with geriatric or primary care experience, or experience in institutional settings of care such as long-term care/skilled nursing facilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including superb written and oral communication skills, and comfort level with technology
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control and overcomes resistance when necessary; remains open to new ideas.
- Written Communication Skills – including comfort level with technology
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; responds openly to questions. Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; generates suggestions for improving work and workflow.
- Regular requirement to sit; use hands to touch, handle or feel.
- Regular requirement to talk and listen.
- Occasional requirement to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Occasional requirement to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to travel frequently by car
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.