Mammogram Technologist Per Diem Optum Care Delivery Vista CA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Radiologic Technologist - Mammographer operates specialized X- ray/Mammography equipment and performs various studies. As a Mammography Tech, you will use your expertise to perform screening and diagnostics studies. The Mammography Tech is responsible for providing age specific care, education, and imaging procedures in conjunction with other members of the defined health care team. Adheres to safety standards and regulatory requirements participates in Quality Control activities, maintains own clinical competency and mandatory requirements. Maintains all records as needed to verify that regulations are always maintained. Provides support to Radiologic Technologist as needed. Works collaboratively with staff to prioritize patients
- Checks the requisition for complete information and proper procedure and schedules procedures as needed
- Obtains sufficient information to determine whether the procedure should be performed immediately or within a specific time frame
- Adheres to established section and organizational protocols, QA guidelines and regulatory requirements
- Interacts appropriately with patients and all care providers
- Sets up the imaging room to coincide with the examination being performed
- Verifies two patient identifiers
- Explains procedure to patient
- Positions the patient ensuring patient comfort and modesty
- Selects proper imaging devices, provides proper shielding for patients and assisting personnel, and sets the machine to obtain optimal images
- Accurately critiques images and adjusts factors if an image needs to be repeated
- Performs patient assessment and screening within the scope of practice
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintains licensure, certifications and ongoing CEUs for professional development on a timely basis
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or equivalent experience
- Certified Mammography Technologist
- CRT, R.T. (M)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of Mammography experience
- Bilingual (Spanish)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.