Care Coordinator - Oklahoma City OR Tulsa, OK
If you are located in Oklahoma City OR Tulsa, OK, you will have the flexibility to work from home and the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for-service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
Join Landmark to be part of a growing company full of purpose-driven, action-oriented, and compassionate team members working to dramatically transform healthcare for our communities.
The Care Coordinator role is a critical member of the Landmark Interdisciplinary Team. This role reports to a Supervisor or the Director, Health Services. Responsibilities are to ensure a positive patient experience with Landmark, as well as to build good relationships with local provider groups to ensure that Landmark is a reliable and trusted partner in patient care.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
Our office is located at 4801 Gaillardia suite 200 Oklahoma City, OK and 5272 S Lewis Ave, Tulsa, OK. Employees will be required to work 2 days onsite and 3 days from home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Regular contact with provider groups to collect clinical data.
- Support patients in scheduling home visits.
- Ensure that Landmark has all documentation available regarding patient conditions.
- Support Landmark providers and Nurse Care Managers with operational and clinical tasks.
- Handle escalated patient issues, ensuring the appropriate resources are involved.
- Follow triage protocol when needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Reports directly to the Supervisor or the Director, Health Services
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control and overcomes resistance when necessary; remains open to new ideas.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; responds openly to questions. Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; generates suggestions for improving work and workflow.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent work experience
- Experience with escalated customer service issue resolution
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work onsite for 2 days and 3 days remote
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to work full-time between 8:30am – 5:00pm including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- Experience as a Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Pharmacy Tech, or other clinical or administrative role in a health care setting
- Prior experience working with triage protocol
- Reside within commutable distance to Oklahoma City OR Tulsa, OK
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Critical thinking skills and flexibility
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.