Field Care Coordinator - Remote in Maricopa County, AZ
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Field Care Coordinator will be the primary care manager for a panel of members with low-to-medium complexity medical/behavioral needs. Care coordination activities will focus on supporting member’s medical, behavioral, and socioeconomic needs to promote appropriate utilization of services and improved quality of care.
Expect to spend about 50% of your time in the field visiting our members in their homes or in long-term care facilities. You’ll need to be flexible, adaptable and, above all, patient in all types of situations
If you are located in Maricopa County, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Engage members face-to-face and/or telephonically to complete a comprehensive needs assessment, including assessment of medical, behavioral, functional, cultural, and socioeconomic needs
- Develop and implement person centered care plans to address needs including management of chronic health conditions, health promotion and wellness, social determinants of health, medication management and member safety in alignment with evidence-based guidelines
- Partner and collaborate with internal care team, providers, and community resources/partners to implement care plan
- Provide education and coaching to support member self-management of care needs and lifestyle changes to promote health
- Support proactive discharge planning and manage/coordinate Care Transition following ER visit, inpatient or Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) admission
- Advocate for members and families as needed to ensure the member’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of case management experience serving members determined to have a Serious Mental Illness (SMI)
- 1+ years of case management experience serving elderly and/or persons with physical or developmental disabilities
- 1+ years of experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel within assigned territory to meet with members and providers
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Special Education, or Counseling
- CCM certification
- Experience working in team-based care
- Experience in Managed Care
- Social Work experience
- Ability to transition from office to field locations multiple times per day
- Ability to navigate multiple locations/terrains to visit employees, members and/or providers
- Ability to transport equipment to and from field locations needed for visits (ex. laptop, portable printer, other materials, etc.)
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time to complete computer or tablet work duties
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.