Licensed Autism ABA Care Advocate, California License - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
This is an Outpatient Mental Health Care Advocate position that deals specifically with families impacted by Autism. It is desired that candidates have experience with Autism Spectrum Disorders, as well as intensive behavioral therapies such as Applied Behavior Analysis.
California residency and licensure are required for this position.
If you are located in the state of California, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Making patient assessments and determining appropriate levels of care
- Obtaining information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
- Determining if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
- Managing outpatient mental health cases throughout the entire treatment plan
- Administering benefits and reviewing treatment plans
- Coordinating benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Identifying ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
You’ll find the pace fast and the challenges ongoing. We’ll expect you to achieve and document measurable results. You’ll also need to think and act quickly while working with a diverse member population.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unrestricted, independent clinical license in the State of California (i.e., LP, LCSW, LMFT, or LPCC)
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in a related mental health environment
- Experience working with children / adolescents with Autism
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment including MS Word and Outlook
- Ability to talk on the phone and type at the same time
- Access to install secure, high-speed internet and a dedicated, distraction-free workspace at home
- Reside in the state of California
- ABA Certification
- Managed Care experience
- Case Management experience
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $56,300 to $110,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.