Physician Leader - Home-based Medical Care - Optum
$20,000 Sign On Bonus OR $80,000 Student Loan Repayment Bonus for individuals who have not previously participated in this program.
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Whether you’re joining us in a clinical or non-clinical role, your contributions will help patients write their next chapters with joy and dignity. Help us build a new kind of health care that operates by establishing trust as the centerpiece of medical care. We will provide you with career growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits, brilliant coworkers and more to help you redefine what loving care looks like. Join a team of people with a heart for service and start doing your life's best work(sm)
Physician Leaders provide medical care and management to patients served by Home-based Medical Care (HbMC). Dedicated to improving the health and well-being of patients, this position collaborates with existing PCPs, the HbMC interdisciplinary team, and other health professionals, to develop and realize patients’ goals of care in all phases of longitudinal care.
This is an outstanding opportunity with a Fortune 5 Company to be at the forefront of our continued growth in this specialty area. Join us today!
- Functions as the day-to-day clinical leader of the interdisciplinary team, providing decision support to team patients providing care in the home to HbMC patients
- Assess patients’ needs in their place of residence
- Develop care plans as per HbMC’s Medical Records Policies
- Provide same-day clinical assessment and treatment (urgent visits)
- Participate in clinical management meetings
- Provide medical care to a longitudinal panel of patients
- Develop strong patient-doctor and caretaker/family-doctor relationships to improve patient compliance with care plan
- Work with the patients of the interdisciplinary team to ensure care plan is meeting the clinical and psycho-social needs of the patient
- Maintain high levels of patient and family satisfaction
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Competitive base pay and bonus rewards incentives
- Generous PTO package and eight holidays per year
- Matching 401k
- UnitedHealth Group offers medical, dental and vision health plans
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Coverage
- Spouse or Domestic Partner Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And more...
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Our care model limits daily volume to allow our providers the time needed to provide quality care to their patients
- We offer clinical and leadership growth and stability second to none
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We are influencing change on a national scale while maintaining the culture and community of our local care organization
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Active, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Washington
- Experience providing medical care to geriatrics and/or seriously ill patients
- Familiarity with Medicare Guidelines, CPT and ICD-10 codes
- Current DEA license
- 2+ years of clinical experience
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Optum Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Home-based clinical care experience
- Awareness about UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Milliman guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** Employees must be in an active regular status. Employees must remain in role for a minimum of 12 months from the date of hire/rehire/transfer. If an employee leaves Home and Community, the student loan repayments will cease. The employee must remain in an Advanced Practice Clinician or Physician role within Home and Community for 36 months to receive the full benefit of the student loan repayments.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.