Eye Care Assistant
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus
Opportunities with American Health Network, Part of Optum. When you join American Health Network (AHN), you become part of a team that strives to identify and retain the top healthcare professionals in the markets it serves. At American Health Network, we want to be the best health care organization we can be. Our mission is to improve the health of our patients. We’re a physician-led organization, operating over 70 medical offices in Indiana and Ohio, with over 300 providers and 1200 employees. We’re also part of Optum, in the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. That’s an important differentiator as more people need our help simplifying the complexities of the American health care system. At the same time, the culture of AHN supports work-life flexibility for employees and places a high value on their physical, emotional, financial and other aspects of well-being.
Location/s: This position will work at both the Marion and Kokomo locations, about 75% in Marion and 25% in Kokomo.
- 711 W Gardner Dr, Marion, IN 46952
- 2302 S Dixon Rd Suite 100, Kokomo, IN 46902
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. No evenings, weekends or holidays.
The Ophthalmic Assistant (OA) performs a variety of duties related to providing patient ophthalmic care and customer service.
- Obtain patient medical records/history
- Perform preliminary eye function testing directly on patients
- Scribe for Physicians during examinations
- Assist Physicians with procedures
- Triage patient phone calls
- Prepare examination rooms and maintain inventory of medical supplies
- Conduct patient education about procedures and proper medical care
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current Ophthalmic Assistant certification or willingness to complete certification within 1 year of employment
- Previous customer service, eye care or healthcare experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Ophthalmic Assistant (OA/COA)
- Experience working in medical front office position performing duties such as scheduling appointments, checking patients in/out, insurance verification, collecting co-pays and maintaining medical records.
- Knowledge of EMR software
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.