CFO - Home & Community Care - Eden Prarie, MN, Possible Hybrid
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Home & Community Care CFO is responsible for providing strategic finance direction, oversight, and leadership for the business unit by working with the leadership team to establish long-range goals, strategies, and plans. Home and Community Care is a $30+ billion-dollar business that serves the physical, mental, and social needs of people outside clinic settings and according to their personal care preferences. The comprehensive scope of care includes, episodic home-health (LHC Group), home-based primary care, care navigation, urgent and emergent care, acute and post-acute care, behavioral health, palliative care and hospice, in-home dialysis and kidney care, home infusion, virtual services and telehealth, remote monitoring, social determinant of health interventions, and pharmacy and medication services. Historically an in-home visit and skilled nursing facility management model, Home and Community Care has evolved to longitudinal management of members of all levels of acuity, operating six lines of business, and largely managing full and partial population risk on behalf of a multitude of national, regional and local payer partners. This is the direct result of both internal development and multiple targeted acquisitions to have a foundational set of best-in-class capabilities. The Home & Community CFO will partner with the H&C leadership team as well as cross-functional partners within Optum Heath to continue to expand scope and capabilities and unify assets to achieve a level of national scale and integration that will truly differentiate the platform and provide members with the best possible care and experience.
- As a member of the leadership team, is accountable for business performance and results
- Participates in the development of the business’ strategic plan including development of operational initiatives to improve margins
- Plan, develop, enhance, implement, and direct the business financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting and financial planning function
- Develops systems, processes, and controls to capture and deliver required financial information to a public company standard. Drives toward integration/standardization across the business unit
- Representative for the business for corporate finance interactions
- Business finance lead for M&A activity including input on transaction structure, valuation, diligence, and integration
- Negotiation of internal and external payer and downstream provider contracts
- Evaluate existing finance division structure and team and plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance organization
- Provide technical finance advise, leadership and knowledge on decisions/issues across the finance organization and the business
- Financial reporting and presentation of results to all levels of management, including Boards of Directors and physician leadership as applicable
- Develop and implement policies and procedures and systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation
- Evaluate and prioritize capital needs for the business; oversees the capital plan
- Monitors operating costs, identifies cost efficiency opportunities and develops/implements innovation solutions
- Conducts medical cost trend analysis and devises strategies for unit cost and utilization efficiency
- Develops revenue growth and cost optimization strategies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 8+ years related experience in Finance, with progression into Finance leadership roles
- 8+ years of leadership (management, leading of others included)
- 4+ years of Healthcare Finance experience
- MBA / Master’s degree
- Recent experience with Medicare Advantage
- Located in Eden Prairie, MN
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.