For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
Position in this function is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support within area of responsibility that may include telephone support, filing, typing, coordinating schedules, distributing correspondence, materials management, data entry, simple data analyses, and rudimentary reporting. All within established legal guidelines and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate our company's commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Performs effective prospective and concurrent review of requested services according to established guidelines and timeframes
- Documents members’ service benefits by contacting the appropriate health plans as needed
- Directs providers/members to contracted provider network and facilities
- Processes appropriate authorizations for HMO/PPO clients as specified in the Optum procedures
- Prints and mails authorizations to providers, patients, HMOs and facilities as needed
- Assists and monitors in the processing of referrals. Enters, updates and closes referrals daily while assuring that appropriate internal/external referral providers are utilized, members are eligible and have benefits coverage, correct CPT/ICD-9 codes have been entered, accurate records of all dates and other required fields are entered, supporting clinical data for the referrals is entered, and all urgent referrals are processed within the designated timeframe
- Processes referrals for durable medical equipment and coordinates home health services according to established policies, procedures and guidelines
- Processes elective surgical requests including the coordination of surgery dates and notification of inpatient team, Hospitalist or Care Manager when appropriate
- Coordinates, identifies and routes referrals that require review to licensed Care Management staff who arranges outside physician medical review as appropriate
- Acts as a resource to other coordinators, staff and providers by resolving issues and responding to requests in a timely and effective manner
- Works with Patient Services regarding member concerns
- Processes referrals for inter-facility transfers using pre-established guidelines
- Processes after-hours emergency/urgent care logs/lists as needed
- Collects and prepares medical records for review when appropriate or as requested
- Assists with answering telephones and maintaining files, logs or other reports
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED, or higher OR equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience
- Associate or bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of office experience in healthcare industry at the corporate level
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Suite
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $16.00 to $27.31. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.