Memory Care Social Worker - The Everett Clinic - Everett, WA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Do you want to help reinvent patient care in WA? At The Everett Clinic, part of Optum, we’re doing just that!
We are looking for a dedicated and motivated social worker to join our team which provides high-quality, compassionate care to our memory loss patient population.
Our Social Workers experience:
- Collaborating with a full care team of engaged physicians who are just as passionate as you
- Work-life balance with flexible shifts and hybrid remote work options - no weekends or evenings!
- Robust onboarding and mentoring
- Epic EMR
- Support and resources with Behavioral Health, Psychiatry, and the breadth of subspecialty care
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package with signing bonus and relocation allowance
If you value quality, go above-and-beyond in making patients a priority and want to help cultivate a fun, team-centered environment, we want to talk with you.
Part of the Memory Loss and Caregiver Support program, our social workers provide long-term wrap-around support for patients with dementia throughout western Washington and work side-by-side with primary care clinicians to make huge impacts and improve patients’ lives.
- Provide biopsychosocial care to patients, families, and caregivers managing Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia
- Promote the self-efficacy of families / caregivers to manage the complex journey of caring someone with dementia
- Track case load of patients in a registry
- Facilitate implementation of tailored treatment plans with families / caregivers
- Conduct proactive outreach to all families / caregivers
- Evaluate the response of individuals to interventions and assume responsibilities for the analysis and modification of the plan of care consistent with intended outcomes
- Collaborate with primary care clinician around the time of diagnosis and in management on a chronic basis
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from a CSWE accredited school of Social Work
- Certification / License: Licensed Social Worker Associate-Advanced (LSWAA), Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW), Licensed Social Worker Associate-Independent Clinical (LSWAIC), or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Work (LICSW)
- Case management certificate preferred, mandatory after two years of employment
- 3+ years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience in a healthcare setting
- Comfort with traveling to patient homes
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with memory loss, palliative, and / or end-of-life care
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)