Care Coordinator - Macon, GA
If you are located within a commutable distance of Macon, GA, you will have the flexibility to work from home and the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home - based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill - equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee - for - service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high - quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality - time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
Join Landmark to be part of a growing company full of purpose - driven, action - oriented, and compassionate team members working to dramatically transform healthcare for our communities.
The Care Coordinator role is a critical member of the Landmark Interdisciplinary Team. This role reports to a Supervisor or the Director, Health Services. Responsibilities are to ensure a positive patient experience with Landmark, as well as to build good relationships with local provider groups to ensure that Landmark is a reliable and trusted partner in patient care.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is full - time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time zone) including the flexibility to work occasional overtime, weekends, and holidays based on business need. We offer 5 weeks of training.
Our office is located at MACON, GA. Employees will be required to work some days onsite and some days from home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Regular contact with provider groups to collect clinical data
- Support patients in scheduling home visits
- Ensure that Landmark has all documentation available regarding patient conditions
- Support Landmark providers and Nurse Care Managers with operational and clinical tasks
- Handle escalated patient issues, ensuring the appropriate resources are involved
- Follow triage protocol when needed
- Other duties may be assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Basic Proficiency with using Microsoft Office applications: Microsoft Word (opening, reading, saving files), Microsoft Excel (open, enter, edit, save data), and Microsoft PowerPoint (open, edit, and present a presentation)
- Intermediate proficiency with using Microsoft Outlook (email, calendar, scheduling)
- Experience with handling escalated customer service issue resolution
- Ability to work any shift between the hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time zone) from Monday - Friday including the flexibility to work occasional overtime, weekends, and holidays based on business need
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- Experience as a Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant (experience working in a medical office setting and / or Medical Assistant), Pharmacy Technician, OR other clinical or front office administrative role in a health care setting
- Prior experience in working with triage protocol
- Ability to type at the speed of 40+ WPM (words per minute)
- Reside within a commutable distance of Macon, GA
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Critical thinking skills and flexibility are required for success in the role
- Ability to juggle competing priorities
- Communication skills (verbal / written)
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.