Internal Medicine Hospitalist (Value-Based Care) - The Everett Clinic, Everett, WA
Seeking a BC/BE full time physician to work in a spectrum of hospitalist roles within a value-based care delivery system. Time will be divided between traditional inpatient hospitalist work, virtual “hospital at home” work, and day hospital/complex senior urgent care. The common denominator is caring for complex Medicare advantage patients in unique and innovative ways, including alternatives to hospitalization. The most desirable candidate would have a strong background in adult medicine (hospitalist or similar), experience with high acuity care, complex patients, and comfort with prognostication. Candidates should have interest in exploring unique models and caring for patients in different settings. Work settings include a large 500 bed safety-net hospital in Everett, Washington, (about 30 miles north of Seattle), and a nearby senior advantage clinic (expanded urgent care/day hospital for Medicare patients). You would work with an amazing team of hospitalists, ED physicians, and urgent care physicians. Details of each role are outlined below. The proportion of time spent in each role is negotiable based on interest and availability.
Work is shift based with excellent scheduling flexibility and ability to accommodate partial FTEs. You would enjoy a schedule of 14-16 shifts/month for full time FTE, including some afternoon swing shifts but no full overnight shifts.
Virtual Hospital at Home Hospitalist: This role involves management of patients hospitalized in their home. The Virtual Hospitalist and RN teams will direct clinical care in conjunction with an in-home care team who will carry out orders and perform face to face visits. In home care can include IV antibiotics, IVF, wound care, ECG, echoes, X-rays, therapies and more. Hospitalists will evaluate ED patients and work with the ED physicians to facilitate alternatives to institutional care. Duties include:
- Outreach to ED physicians to screen and facilitate appropriate patients to home hospital
- Admitting patients to the virtual hospital at home
- Virtual daily rounding on patients, participation in inter-disciplinary team meetings and discussion.
- Discharging patients from the virtual hospital and/or transitioning them to the restorative (skilled nursing) phase of virtual hospitalization
Traditional Hospitalist role: Candidates will function in a traditional hospitalist role in a community teaching hospital within a tight-knit team of 60+ MDs and 9 APCs dedicated to continuous improvement. The Medical Hospitalist Team is well supported with strong relationships with the ICU, ER, specialists and hospice. Our team has deep ties to Washington State University and is a training site for the new WSU internal medicine residency program: teaching is part of the hospitalist role.
Senior Advantage Clinic role: Interested candidates may spend time in our senior advantage clinic (based on interest and available FTE). This clinic cares for our senior patients as an alternative to hospitalization and offers intensive outpatient treatment (multiple visits for several hours/day if needed). The clinic can handle IV diuresis, IV antibiotics expedited virtual specialty consultation, imaging (including X-ray and CT), procedures, etc.
Our providers enjoy a balanced lifestyle that allows them to explore the natural beauty here, travel abroad, and spend time with family while practicing excellent and innovative clinical care with a supportive environment and fascinating patients. With The Everett Clinic you will experience:
- Coordinated Care- across multiple disciplines and excellent communication
- Flexible shifts
- Epic EMR
- Variable and exciting patient care mix
- Patient Focused Environment
- Integrated Practice Unit- Collaborative care model working to facilitate disease management.
- Above Market Compensation
- Unrestricted WA State Medical License or ability to obtain prior to start date
- Current WA DEA certificate or ability to obtain prior to start date
- Board Certified/Board Eligible Internal Medicine
- EMR proficient
- Ability to work both shifts on a full-time basis
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Self-starter with ability to practice with a high degree of independence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Managed Care experience
- 1+ years’ experience
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Washington Residents Only: The salary range for Washington residents is $268,290 to $355,100. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.