Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Masters Physician Assistant - Electrophysiology
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- We are searching for an Advanced Practice Provider to join our electrophysiology (EP) team. As part of the prestigious Penn Cardiac Care team, our EP professionals have more experience in treating and managing arrhythmias than any other electrophysiology program in the area. This position requires a background in cardiology, and a willingness to provide quality care in collaboration with physicians, nursing staff and other members of the care team, Responsibilities include performing history and physicals, daily progress notes, evaluating test results, and medication management. This NP/PA service provides training and support for your success.
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, while providing quality care across the continuum in collaboration with physicians, nursing staff and other members of the care team, performs histories, physicals, and procedures according to credentialing, and provide care and patient/family teaching following the nursing process. Also participates in research as appropriate, ensures regulatory compliance, documents care according to standards, and prescribes in accordance with the collaborative agreement and State regulations.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- ACLS (For providers in the acute care setting) required
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Certified Nurse Practitioner PA (Required)
- Prescriptive Authority (Required)
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Arts or Science (Required)
- And 2+ years >2.5years of experience, The CRNP must be reviewed by the Credentials Committee and approved by the Medical Board.
- Education Specialization: Master's Degree or Doctor of Nursing Practice(DNP) in Nursing
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.