Internal Medicine Physician needed for New Clinic Space Opened in 2022- St. Louis, MO
Looking for Internal Medicine Physicians to join our expanding Barnes West Medical Consultants practice in Creve Coeur, MO just outside of St. Louis Metro!
Located in the western suburbs of St. Louis, Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital offers highly specialized care for a unique line of services. Patients have access to world-class physicians including Washington University Physicians, BJC Medical Group and private practice physicians along with technology that they can expect from a leader like BJC.
- Brand New Clinic space fully built out in Summer 2022
- Free-standing building on BJC's newest hospital campus
- Well-established, growing Internal Medicine practice
- Outpatient only practice setting that provides a great work life balance
- Shared Call will be 1:6 with nurse triage support
- Providers take their own call during the weekdays
- RN's dedicated to the practice and lab on-site
- Radiology in the building down the hall from the clinic
- 36 clinical hours per week and 4 hours of administrative time
- Flexible office hours with easy access for patients
- Patients are ages 18+ and up
- Established providers see 16 - 20 patients per day
- New Physician will have a dedicated Medical Assistant and a shared Medical Secretary
- Fully wired with EPIC EMR
- Leadership opportunities available
- Teaching opportunity through Washington University School of Medicine Internal Medicine rotation
- Both practicing physicians and new graduates encouraged to apply
- Visa candidates cannot be considered
Compensation & Benefits:
- Guaranteed salary for two years followed by a team based care model based on panel size and wRVU
- Generous earning potential
- Opportunity to collaborate with Advanced Practice Providers as your practice grows
- $100,000 student loan reimbursement
- Educational stipend
- Option for sign-on bonus and retention bonus
- Annual quality bonus incentive
- 20 days of Allowed Time Off plus 5 days or CME
- CME Allowance
- Retirement vehicles: 401k, 403b, 457b deferred compensation plan
- Pension plan
- Relocation package
- Health, pharmacy, dental, vision, long-term disability, life, AD&D, and malpractice insurance with tail coverage provided
- Claims made malpractice insurance with tail coverage provided
St. Louis offers a host of attractions and activities that include the nationally recognized St. Louis Zoo, Forest Park, The Muny, Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Busch Stadium, Scottrade Center, Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, The City Museum, St. Louis Art Museum, Peabody Opera house, Fox Theatre, Chaifetz Arena, The Hill, Union Station, and more!
- Fantastic sports culture with both the 2019 Stanley Cup winning Blues and the multi-year World Series winning Cardinals
- Features ample fine-dining, vegan friendly restaurants, gluten free friendly eateries, wineries, and microbreweries
- Low cost-of-living with a healthy and balanced real estate market in a major metropolitan area
- Access to great public and private schools
- Family-friendly communities: safe, inviting, and great for kids
- Direct access to Lambert International Airport via public transportation
BJC Medical Group is the multi-specialty physician organization of BJC HealthCare and includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are affiliated with the top-ranked hospitals in the area.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided access to the world’s best medicine through caring people and integrated systems. The providers are nationally recognized for excellent patient satisfaction and quality health care.
BJC Medical Group physicians are trained and certified in over 25 medical specialties and serve patients in more than 125 locations in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and southern Illinois areas.
Barnes West Medical Consultants is located at Barnes West County Hospital campus and focuses on Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, and Infectious Disease.
Ensures optimal care and promotes safety of patients admitted to assigned service in cooperation with the private attending staff and nursing staff. Communicates with staff, patients, and families.
- Manages the medical care of assigned patients.
- Collaborates with patients, families, and members of the health care team to ensure excellent clinical outcomes.
- Performs and documents histories and physicals in the patient's medical record as required by hospital by-laws.
- Supervises and instructs medical students and residents assigned to service. Assists in the learning needs of residents and students as assessed.
- 2-5 years
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Licensed Physician
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer