Music Therapist, per diem - Penn Medicine at Home
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Provide music therapy consultations and services to the patient and/or family in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care. Position will provide music therapy to active hospice patients as well as manage a bereavement case load. Music Therapy will be provided to patients and families in the inpatient hospice setting, home hospice settings and other long-term care facilities. Present community in services demonstrating the effects of music therapy within hospice settings. Assist in the development and utilization of music therapy materials to educate staff, patients and families, and other professionals and the public regarding music therapy. Work with families at the end of life to facilitate communication and understanding of disease process and experiencing loss.
- Communicates with patients and family members in a friendly, caring and informative manner. Communicates effectively and appropriately with co-workers, supervisors and other hospital and health system employees.
- Assume primary responsibility for maintaining professional competence. Maintain productivity as defined by organization and professional standards.
- Accountable to prioritize patient/family needs and work independently. Uphold organizational and professional standards for confidentiality and respect for privacy.
- Provide in-services, community education and represent hospice perspective as available and appropriate..
- Document all patient and family interventions in accordance with agency policies and hospice standards.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Bachelor's Degree, Music Therapy from an AMTA accredited university
- 2+ years' experience in music therapy, preferably working in hospice or healthcare field
- Credentialed as a Music Therapist- MMT, MT-BC
- Valid driver's license
- Car insurance
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.