Physician Assistant Optum Nevada Adult Medicine Las Vegas NV
$20K Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optumcare Nevada is a multi-specialty group of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, fourteen clinical locations including nine health care centers, five urgent care clinics and an outpatient surgery center. Optumcare Nevada offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Optumcare Nevada is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Optumcare Nevada is now part of Optum, part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
In this role, you will build meaningful relationships with patients, their family members, healthcare providers, and office staff while providing high quality direct patient care in a clinic setting. You will enjoy profound job satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our patient population. You will assess and provide treatment to patients of various age groups. You will diagnose conditions, create treatment plans, and prescribe medications as related to the treatment plan. You will collaborate with a physician to achieve the best health outcomes for the patient. You will enjoy opportunities for career growth and continuing education opportunities.
- Rapidly formulate a differential diagnosis from assessments conducted within the clinic setting
- Develop and implement treatment plans for patients assigned within the primary care team
- Develop and actualize plans for the primary care team as assigned
- Provide guidance to nursing personnel towards treatment plans and care issues
- Document treatment plans in the medical record
- Collaborate with physician and documents physician guidance as needed
- Coordinate care for patients
- Exposure to patients with potential infectious disease
We offer an attractive base salary, $20,000 sign on bonus, bonus plan, and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD / LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, relocation costs, three weeks paid vacation, one week paid CME with $2500 allowance, and eight paid holidays.
Las Vegas offers the best in entertainment and cultural options, in addition to being an affordable metropolitan area in which to live. Also, Nevada has no state income tax. Warm weather, 300-plus days of sunshine, championship golf, hiking, skiing, five-star restaurants, endless attractions and entertainment choices are reasons Las Vegas is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- DEA License required, or ability to obtain
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Certification in Primary Care, Geriatric, Adult or Physician Assistant certification, or ability to obtain
- Active unrestricted APRN or PA-C license in Nevada, or ability to obtain
- 2+ years of experience (preferred), or completed SMA internship or SMA RN experience or Foreign Medical Doctor experience may be considered
- Basic technical proficiency in the use of computer programs for medical records or internet search for clinical practice
- Advanced assessment and treatment plan implementation skills
- Must be willing to work in underserved area
- Ability to communicate with patients, primary care team members and management staff
- Ability to make care decisions based on best medical practices without direct supervision or guidance by a physician
- Ability to complete clinical care lifting in a provider office environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Spanish speaking
- Acute care experience in a primary care clinic, urgent care, or retail clinic
- Background in managed care
- Knowledge of mental health issues
- Proficient in assessment and development of treatment plans
- Familiarity with Medicare and ICD-10 coding
- Ability to formulate a differential diagnosis
- Ability to conceptualize the needs for the team or department and actualize plans for implementation
- Ability to develop plans of action and gain team consensus towards common goals
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.