Nurse Practitioner, Adult Medicine - Sandy UT $10k Sign-on Bonus
OptumCare Utah is seeking a Full Time Advanced Practitioner to join our Acute Adult Hospital Medicine Team in Sandy, UT. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. $10k Sign-on bonus!
- Provide full scope primary care services to senior patients
- Examine diagnose and treat patients for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Counsel and educate patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Complete timely and thorough documentation using our EMR system
- Formulate diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribe and administer medications, therapies, and procedures
- Order lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provide advice on follow up
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Maintain quality of care standards as defined by the practice
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active unrestricted NP or PA license in the state of UT
- Must be Board Certified Family Medicine, Adult, or Geriatric
- Prescribing authority or ability to obtain prior to employment
- DEA license or ability to obtain prior to employment
- 2+ years professional experience as an NP or PA in a clinical setting or may consider candidates who have completed clinical rotations with Optum
- Experience with chronic disease management
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience in providing patient care under a population health model
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.