Site Director Dental & Vision Contact - San Antonio, TX
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in San Antonio, TX, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage and be accountable for professional employees, managers, and supervisors (leads team of 300+ team members front line, supervisors, and managers)
- Coordinate and supervise daily/weekly/monthly activities of team members
- Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion and performance goals are met
- Coordinate work activities with other directors, managers, departments, etc.
- Identify and resolve operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment
- Provide coaching, feedback and annual performance reviews as well as formal corrective action
- Takes major role in setting direction and participating in or developing new programs/directions
- Sets team direction, resolves problems and provides mentoring and guidance to leaders and team members and other staff
- Ensures team meets established performance metrics, outcomes and defined customer performance guarantees
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges as documented within reports and data
- Influences or provides input to forecasting and planning activities
- Tracking and trending data, reporting team key performance metrics, measuring outcomes and implementing process improvement initiatives
- Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact multiple groups of employees and / or customers (internal or external)
- Work to establish a regular meeting schedules and check-ins with Implementation team members
- Overall site alignment responsibilities. This would include items such as: Facilities engagement, site care and support, site level employee engagement activities, etc.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience managing in a large (300+) call center, contact center or claims environment
- 5+ years of combined experience in product / program / project management, delivering cross-organizational programs and leading strategic initiatives of diverse scope in a cross-functional environment
- 5+ years of combined experience and a proven track record of driving major transformational change and delivering measurable results, and developing and leading projects or initiatives
- 5+ years of experience in working with data and making data-driven analytical decisions
- Experience assimilating and analyzing information pertaining to constituent support
- Experience presenting and influencing for senior level leaders and at all levels within multi- business segments
- Experience leading and driving change through influence at all levels of the organization by facilitating and enhancing performance within a cross-functional environment
- Experience with financial reports, modeling exercises, interpreting, and communicating operating and financial information
- Demonstrated track record of building and leading a high-performance workforce and a leadership team that is energized by coaching, developing, and engaging a dynamic and diverse workforce
- Experience with applying Design Thinking methodologies and/or a Human Centered Design
- Experience motivating, training / developing, and directing people in a matrixed organization
- Experience with CLL process and/or other employee engagement/development process
- Telecommute within San Antonio, TX
- Attend on-site meetings in UHC San Antonio office and off-site activities
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the proven ability to identify and remediate operational performance issues
- BA/BS degree or higher
- Experience working in the health insurance industry, or a highly regulated industry
- Experience leading Enterprise-wide programs in a highly matrixed organization
- Experience with the Net Promoter System (NPS), Customer Satisfaction, and External Constituent Effort Scores (Ex. Provider NPS)
- Experience working across UHG, Optum and UHC lines of businesses
- Demonstrated servant leadership, resilience, resourcefulness, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.