Dental Network Contractor - Telecommute in Multiple Locations
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Dental Network Contractor develops the provider network yielding a geographically competitive, broad access, stable network that achieves objectives for unit cost performance and trend management, and produces an affordable and predictable product for customers and business partners. Dental Network Contractors evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company contract templates, reimbursement structure standards, and other key process controls. Responsibilities also include establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with the providers in the network and ensuring the network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties.
If you are located in LA, AR, AL, TN, SC or MS, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Help develop geographically competitive, broad access, stable networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance and trend management
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company templates, reimbursement structure standards, and other key process controls
- Ensure that network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties
Get ready for a high impact role. You’ll be tasked with collecting and analyzing provider data, updating and loading provider data and resolving any escalated issues with the clients.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in a network management-related role, such as contracting, or provider services
- Proficient utilizing MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Willing and able to travel 30% of the time
- Reside in one of the following states: LA, AR, AL, TN, SC or MS
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Dental industry knowledge
- Knowledge of Medicare and Commercial Plans
- Experience using financial models and analysis to negotiate rates with providers
- Experience in performing network adequacy analysis
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.