Community Outreach Dentist for St. Louis Children's Hospital Healthy Kids Dental Program
Additional Information About the Role
St. Louis Children's Hospital and Healthy Kids Express Dental Program is seeking a Community Outreach Dentist to join our growing team.
BJC Childrens Hospital Healthy Kids Program serves thousands of patients every day across the St. Louis area. Healthy Kids Express has expanded over the years to include several vans which focus on specific needs including asthma education and care, dental care and treatment, and preventative screenings.
Practice Highlights for Healthy Kids Dental Program:
- M-F 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (first patient scheduled at 9 a.m.)
- Typically 4 days out servicing community and 1 office day
- Visit one site per day; 40-50 different sites per year
- See ages 3 to 21
- Occasional weekend and evening events March through October
- Ample support staff includes:
- 2 Dental Assts (per Dentist)
- Van Driver
- Administrative Assistant (oversees scheduling/answers phones) based at office
- Community Health Workers
- Join a successful and growing program; currently 1 dentist in the program, adding a 2nd dentist and a 2nd dental van
- Goal is not to replace community-based Dentist but to serve the gap
- Strong organizational support and recognition
[Register to View] " width="229" alt="icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=96732&hashed=[Register to View] " />
St. Louis Children’s Hospital is dedicated to improving the health and lives of children. As one of the top-ranked children’s hospitals in the country, St. Louis Children’s provides care in more than 50 specialty areas through a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, staff and volunteers. Along with inpatient and outpatient medical care, the hospital offers education, wellness and injury-prevention programs to fulfill its mission to “do what’s right for kids.”
Providing comprehensive, high-quality care and serving as an advocate for children has been St. Louis Children’s commitment since its inception in 1879. Today, the hospital serves patients and families across a 300-mile service area, and has seen patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
St. Louis Children’s consistently ranks among America’s Best Children’s Hospitals by U.S.News & World Report in all surveyed categories. In 2021, St. Louis Children’s was one of eight children’s hospitals to rank in the top 25 of all 10 specialties. The hospital’s academic and physician partner, Washington University School of Medicine, is one of the top-ranked medical schools in the United States. Since 2005, St. Louis Children’s has been designated as a Magnet® hospital for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center® (ANCC).
Diagnose, prevent and treat problems with teeth or mouth tissue.
ResponsibilitiesObserves, evaluates, and applies knowledge of dental skills to provide optimal patient care.Records all procedures and pertinent information in patients record.Trains, supervises and evaluates the work of clinic staff.Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with superiors, associates, representatives of public agencies and organizations, and private health care providers.Educates individuals and their families regarding dental health hygiene.
EducationBachelor's Degree - Dentistry
Supervisor Experience2-5 years
Licenses & CertificationsAmerican Dental AssociationLicensed Dentist
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to http://www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer