Surgical Technologist - ENT, Neurosurgical, and Spine Pod 5
Additional Information About the Role
- 6:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- 3 - 12 hour shifts
2nd floor East/West Pavilion – Twenty (20) OR
Services: Neurosurgery, Neuro and ortho spine, Otolaryngology, Spine robotic, intraoperative MRI.
- Up to a $12,500 Sign-on Bonus
About the Perioperative Intraoperative Skills Matrix Program (PSM)
- This program is designed to promote the lifelong pursuit of clinical excellence for intraoperative Nurses, Surgical Technologist, and Registered Nurse First Assistants. The overall goal of the program is to continue to provide high quality care to our patients and opportunities for Nurses, Surgical Technologist, and Registered Nurse First Assistants to grow and advance their clinical skillset.
- For new employees working in high vacancy/acuity areas are eligible to apply with completion successful orientation.
PSM Skill Matrix Levels and Compensation
- Pre-Level 3 (High vacancy/acuity areas post orientations) = 6% base pay rate
- Level 3 = 6% of base pay rate
- Level 4 = 8% of base pay rate
- Level 5 = 10% of base pay rate
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
At Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Perioperative Services team members (RN and ST) find the kind of fast-paced environment that will test their professional judgment and critical thinking skills, and encourage tremendous growth. It's an exhilarating place to build a career. Here, you'll work with world-renowned surgeons and anesthesiologists, assist on unique and complex procedures, work with the latest technologies and treatments and play a vital role in developing new procedures and treatment protocols. In fact, people from all over the nation and the world come to Barnes-Jewish for our surgical specialties. This team has the opportunity to work with surgeons deploying the latest technologies (intra-operative MRI, laser surgery, monteris auto litt).
Performs surgical duties for operating room procedures under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.
ResponsibilitiesPrepares operating room for surgical patient, reviews preference cards to determine surgeon needs, obtains the necessary supplies and equipment for the procedure, ensures cleanliness of room, and assists with opening sterile supplies.Performs surgical scrub duties, and assists with the collection, identification, and disposition of cultures and specimens.Assists in turning over of room, and ensures supplies, instruments, and equipment are returned to proper location.
EducationHigh School Diploma or GED
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience