Pain Management Nurse - Reliant Medical Group - Worcester, MA
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
Reliant Medical Group is seeking a compassionate and professional Pain Management Nurse to join their Care Management team in Worcester, MA. This is a full-time position; Monday - Friday, no weekends, or holidays.
- Review PAINM2+ / other toxicology results for patients on chronic opioid therapy (COT), particularly those in higher-risk level categories, and reach out to providers if significant unaddressed discordant results are found
- Field providers' questions regarding chronic pain management issues including possible unexpected toxicology results, alternative or non-opioid pain management ideas
- Provide individualized written opioid tapering schedules upon request
- Assist with projects such as review of retiring provider's COT patient panel to make recommendations to consider opportunities for tapering
- Contribute input to policies related to opioid prescribing, Pain Management Agreement, etc.
- Provide and update resources under "Narcotic Resources" to assist providers in monitoring of patients on COT:
- Metabolites for controlled substances
- PainM2 info and Tips
- PainM and Saliva Components and detection times
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Active, unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 5+ years of progressively responsible positions in ambulatory healthcare settings with experience in risk, quality and outcome study analysis and design
- Proficient in computer use, the Internet and health information technology
- Ability to interpret and utilize performance improvement methodologies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with a flexible and creative approach to problem solving
- Works effectively both independently as well as a member of an interdisciplinary team
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.