DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Provides assistance to the Anesthesia Care Team in the surgical suites so they may execute patient care in a more expedient manner by maintaining equipment and supplies and restocking stands, as well as participating in the critical phases of anesthesia care.
- Provide service where needed for the Anesthesia clinical provider.
- Sets up O.R. for demanding cases according licensing restrictions which may include the following: preparation of laryngoscope and intubation equipment, preparation and labeling of blank syringes, IV bag and tubing set-up, and set-up of IV warming devices.
- Perform quality control tests for point of care testing.
- Responsible for supply and inventory of equipment, such as reporting equipment in need of repair.
- Assists in preparation and draping of patient for invasive monitoring/ Procedures by the Anesthesia clinical provider. This includes, but is not limited to the retrieval of non-narcotics and blood products.
- Assists Anesthesia clinical provider with volume infusions as directed during intraoperative volume resuscitations.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Cert Anesthesia Tchn
- Certified Anesthesia Technician preffered.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- H.S. Diploma/GED required.
- Graduate of an Anesthesia Technician program or related program preferred. 1+ years of Experience, if not a graduate of an Anesthesia Technician program or Certified Technician/Technologist preferred.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.