100% Electrophysiology Physician Position with Established Group - High Earning Potential with Great Work/Life Balance
Additional Information About the Role
BJC Medical Group Arrhythmia Center seeks a BE/BC Electrophysiologist to join their well-established team on the campus of Missouri Baptist Medical Center in St. Louis, MO. Since 2011, the BJC Medical Group Arrhythmia Center has been caring for an increasing number of patients suffering from abnormal heart rhythms. Patients at the Arrhythmia Center have access to the top physicians, with cutting-edge treatment options at their fingertips.
- Joining two busy Cardiac Electrophysiologists and 2 Nurse Practitioners
- Strong program that is well versed in all cardiac devices
- Ideal candidates will be able to do Device Extraction and Watchman
- Split time in the EP lab, the clinic and in the hospital rounding
- 2 EP labs with Dedicated EP staff
- Monday - Friday schedule with clinic hours from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Clinic is located on the hospital campus
- 36 patient facing hours and 4 hours of administrative time for a 1.0 FTE
- Large referral base and catchment area
- State-of-the-Art mapping and ablation equipment
- Collaborative relationship with 12 Physician Cardiology Group and Cardio thoracic Surgery on campus
- Patients are typically 18 years and older
- Shared call coverage of 1:3 taken a week at a time - very light call
- Strong support staff with a dedicated Medical Assistant for each provider
- Fully wired with EPIC EMR
Compensation & Benefits:
- Strong earning potential for physicians who want to be busy
- Guaranteed salary for two years followed by a wRVU based compensation model
- Option for sign-on bonus and retention bonus
- Annual quality bonus incentive
- Generous relocation package
- Health, pharmacy, dental, vision, long-term disability, life, and AD&D and malpractice insurance
- Pension Plan
- 401k, and 403b retirement plans
- CME Allowance and Days
- Up to $100K in student loan reimbursement
- Fellowship training stipend available
- Claims made malpractice insurance with tail coverage provided
Missouri Baptist Medical Center is a BJC Healthcare affiliated Hospital. BJC Healthcare is one of the leading health systems in the nation, with Missouri Baptist Medical Center being one of the premiere facilities in the health system. Located in the beautiful, safe, and highly sought after West St. Louis County, Missouri Baptist is a magnet institution that has consistently been ranked among the best institutions in the region. In addition to the regional rankings, Missouri Baptist is also rated “high-performing" in eight of the common procedures and conditions assessed by U.S. News: aortic valve surgery, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), colon cancer surgery, heart failure, heart bypass surgery, hip replacement, knee replacement, and lung cancer surgery. BJC Healthcare has a strong reputation for community support and Missouri Baptist is truly a great representation of the greater BJC mission, "The world’s best medicine, made better."
About Saint Louis, MO
- St. Louis offers a host of attractions and activities that include the nationally recognized St. Louis Zoo, Forest Park, The Muny, Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Busch Stadium, Scottrade Center, Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, The City Museum, St. Louis Art Museum, Peabody Opera house, Fox Theatre, Chaifetz Arena, The Hill, Union Station, and more!
- Fantastic sports culture with both the 2019 Stanley Cup winning Blues and the multi-year World Series winning Cardinals
- Features ample fine-dining, vegan friendly restaurants, gluten free friendly eateries, wineries, and microbreweries
- Low cost-of-living with a healthy and balanced real estate market in a major metropolitan area
- Access to great public and private schools
- Family-friendly communities: safe, inviting, and great for kids
- Direct access to Lambert International Airport via public transportation
BJC Medical Group is the multi-specialty physician organization of BJC HealthCare and includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are affiliated with the top-ranked hospitals in the area.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided access to the world’s best medicine through caring people and integrated systems. The providers are nationally recognized for excellent patient satisfaction and quality health care.
BJC Medical Group physicians are trained and certified in over 25 medical specialties and serve patients in more than 125 locations in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and southern Illinois areas.
Located on the campus of Missouri Baptist Medical Center, the Nurse Practitioner position will support both our Arrhythmia Center and Valve Clinic. The centers include highly trained and hospital-based specialists. As a nurse practitioner in the centers, you will work alongside our cardiac electrophysiologists and partner with structural heart cardiologists, heart surgeons and interventional cardiologists to care for every type of cardiac condition.
Ensures optimal care and promotes safety of patients admitted to assigned service in cooperation with the private attending staff and nursing staff. Communicates with staff, patients, and families.
ResponsibilitiesManages the medical care of assigned patients.Collaborates with patients, families, and members of the health care team to ensure excellent clinical outcomes.Performs and documents histories and physicals in the patient's medical record as required by hospital by-laws.Supervises and instructs medical students and residents assigned to service. Assists in the learning needs of residents and students as assessed.
EducationDoctorate - Medicine
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsLicensed Physician
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer