Interventional Radiologic Technologist
BJC HealthCare is now hiring a Interventional Radiologic Technologist at our Barnes- Jewish Hospital location.
As part of the interventional radiology team at our Washington University Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, you will be an essential part of treating acute trauma cases. This team sees more than 40,000 patients per year allowing techs to grow and develop experience and expertise with complex and critical cases.
** Looking for New Grads, upcoming Grads and Seasoned Xray or IR Techs **
** Great Opportunity for Xray techs wanting to cross-train in Interventional **
- Sign On Bonus up to $5000.00
- Advance Modality Differential
- Monday - Friday, 7:30AM - 6:00PM - 40 hours
- Call and Weekend Rotation as Required by Department
- Barnes Jewish Hospital
Why Join Us?
- Work-Life Balance
- Increased Compensation Packages
- Work with a highly skilled, compassionate, and caring team
- Growth Opportunities to Learn New Skills and Advance
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Picture yourself working with the most advanced film less imaging equipment available; or learning the latest multi-slice CT scanning techniques; or conferring with one of St. Louis' most seasoned surgical team, using the latest in diagnostic tools to help them make life-changing decisions. The Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Barnes-Jewish Hospital pioneered many radiological milestones including work on 3-D treatment planning for cancer, and became the first in Missouri to combine PET and CT scanning. You will be working with an organization on the leading edge of diagnostic radiology. In fact, our radiology department is regarded as one of the top five in the United States, and performs over 453,000 diagnostic imaging examinations annually.
Performs diagnostic imaging procedures in at least one advanced imaging modality (defined as Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Interventional, Mammography, Bone Density, Cardiac Catheterization) on adults and/or pediatric patients for the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatment, and quality control.
- Prepares patient and equipment for procedures.
- Performs studies independently, in on-call situations, portable exams, and other site as required by work area.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- No Experience
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- IEMA - Illinois only
- <2 years
Licenses & Certifications
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Intravenous Therapy
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer