Physician, Cardiology - Colorado Springs, CO
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
LIFE CHANGING WORK.
Our practice isn’t just about patients. It’s about life. It’s about making life better and making it healthier – for the people we serve and for ourselves. It’s not the kind of work we can do alone. We do it together. With a team we trust and enjoy. With other physicians who aim high and lead well. And with the same passion that led us to doctor in the first place. Together we’re becoming better people and having greater impact – because our lives are changing our work and our work is changing lives.
LOOK NO FURTHER.
Optum Colorado Springs is a physician-led, close-knit team that has been serving the Colorado Springs community for many years. We’re passionate about patients. We’re leading the State of Colorado toward better healthcare practices, and we’re looking for physicians like you.
LOVE YOUR TEAM.
A community of care: we work together closely, laugh together readily, and support each other earnestly.
A culture of collaboration: we partner within teams, across roles, and between specialties.
BECOME YOUR BEST.
Balance: Create the life you want, with meaningful work, reasonable patient loads, limited call and physician wellness support.
Professional development: Receive ongoing opportunities to build your skills and grow your career.
We’re looking for Physicians who value:
Being led by Physicians
Collaborating with a great team
Being part of a community of providers
Becoming their best
- Independent practice
- Offices offer Noninvasive imaging for echocardiogram and vascular.
- Robust in-house diagnostic testing facility
- Full complement of support teams to assist with patient care
- Patient care in office/clinic setting
- Noninvasive cardiac testing such as echocardiography, vascular studies interpretation, and cardiac stress testing
- ECG and ambulatory ECG interpretation and reporting
- Participate in performance and quality improvement activities
- Commitment to community outreach and patient education activities as needed
What makes an Optum Care organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can’t do it alone - this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights
- Competitive compensation model based on quality, not quantity, with significant earning potential
- Comprehensive benefits plan inclusive of medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, CME and malpractice coverage
- Robust retirement including employer funded contributions and employee stock purchase plan
- Physician Partnership opportunities with Optum
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Fellowship training in Cardiovascular Disease
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Cardiovascular Disease
- Unrestricted licensure in the state of Colorado or ability to obtain prior to start
- Active and unrestricted DEA License or ability to obtain prior to start
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
The OptumCare Story:
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving almost 20 million people through more than 58,000 aligned physicians and advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at http://www.workatoptum.com/provider.
Would you thrive with Optum Care?
Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
Do you want to be part of something better?
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $420,800 to $625,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.