Assistant Nurse Manager (Cardiac Cath Lab) - Plainsboro, NJ - Full Time (Day Shift)
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a full time Assistant Nurse Manager RN to work the day shift within Cardiac Cath Lab. The Cath Lab at PMPH has been in operation since 1998. Currently, the Cardiac Cath Lab resides within the Main OR. The Cardiac Cath Lab performs close to 400 procedures annually and is projected to increase to 600. The Cardiac Cath Lab is equipped with state of the art equipment to perform minimally invasive procedures ensuring optimal visuals during procedure and patient monitoring.
1. Responsible for the day to day managerial functions of the unit, under the direction of the Nurse Manager. Includes interviewing and hiring; counseling employees and follow through of the disciplinary process, with appropriate documentation; completing performance appraisals in a timely manner and being actively involved in assuring completion of the monthly staff schedule.
2. Acts as a role model and mentor for staff in the clinical setting. Responsible for clinical practices on unit as demonstrated by creating patient care assignments which address patient acuity and staff skill set; supervising and acting as resource for staff and routinely evaluating appropriateness of care rendered by staff with follow up as needed.
3. Maintain open communication with staff via scheduled shift meetings; maintains good relationships with other departments and nursing units and promptly and effectively resolves problems and complaints.
4. Assists unit educator and nurse manager in planning formal orientation program for new staff by assigning preceptor for orientee, following up on orientation goals and checklists and regularly evaluating whether orientee is achieving set goals.
5. Responsible for personal development by planning and implementing annual goals and objectives, in conjunction with Nurse Manager’s input, to assure maintenance of clinical competency and enhanced knowledge of managerial concepts. Supports Nurse Manager in guiding and directing staff in a competent and professional manner.
6. Promotes effectiveness of risk management, hospital and regulatory compliance on unit, by appropriate education, investigation and enforcement of hospital and regulatory policies and procedures in these areas.
7. Collaborates with Nurse Manager and Educator to promote staff development and assure optimal patient outcomes. Actively participates in multidisciplinary rounds and assures staff participation as well.
8. Supports customer service and patient/family satisfaction within department and outside of department within the standards ser for hospital. Assures staff’s compliance with customer service standards of unit and hospital.
The Cardiac Catherization Registered Nurse is responsible for:
• Scrub and circulate in diagnostic cardiac catheterizations as well as percutaneous coronary interventions
• Able to administer moderate sedation during the procedure
• Monitor patients' sedation levels during and after the procedure
• Prepare patients for procedures
• Administer medications pre, inta and post procedure
• Familiar and administering IV emergency medications and drips
• Assist in the diagnosis of heart disease of the heart muscle, valves, or coronary arteries
• Perform patient examinations pre and post-catheterization
• Perform procedures like implantation of temporary pacemakers, balloon angioplasty, and stent placement
• Monitor and document vital signs including arterial lines and pressures
• Educate patients on medications, healthy lifestyle, and how to care for the surgical site before discharging them
• Utilize the EMR and maintain meticulous documentation of procedures
Competent to use:
Intra-aortic balloon pump
Philips XPER hemodynamic monitoring system
ON CALL REQUIREMENT minimal
*Must be within 30 minutes of hospital
- Registered Nurse in pursuit or with BSN
Related Work Experience:
MUST HAVE CATH LAB EXPERIENCE
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements
- Active NJ RN License
- BCLS certification required
- ACLS certification required
-CCRN preferredWe believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.