Cardiac Technician III
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
General Summary Statement
The Patient Care Technician III supports the provision of quality patient care in the Cardiovascular Department in collaboration with the Registered Nurse. Performs high quality Clinical Care for all cardiovascular patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides age appropriate care for the patient population served.
- Inventories patient belongings at admission, transfer and discharge.
- Prioritizes and organizes work effectively within assigned shift.
- Provides direct patient care in the Invasive and Noninvasive Cardiovascular Prep/Recovery and testing areas.
- Prepares patient for their procedure in collaboration with the Registered Nurse
- Initiates intravenous access and draws peripheral blood samples as ordered
- Acquires and transmits 12 lead ECG
- Communicates patient information to the RN and interdisciplinary care team in a timely manner.
Education Training and Experience
High School diploma or GED
Training and/or experience at an acute care facility or Student Nurse who has had clinical experience performing Patient Care Technician job description skills.
BLS certification requiredWe believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.