PRN RN Cardiology Prep/ Recovery & Testing
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
General Summary Statement
Cares for patients ages 18 and older both pre and post invasive cardiovascular procedures. The RN will demonstrate clinical knowledge in the assessment, preparation for and recovery from cardiac and peripheral catheterization and electrophysiology procedures. Supports patient during moderate sedation. Supports patients undergoing cardiovascular testing procedures including but not limited to transesophageal echocardiography, cardioversion, head-up tilt table testing, etc. Performs high quality clinical care for all cardiovascular patients
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Calls for, receives, preps and recovers patients for all scheduled cardiovascular procedures and tests.
- Provides patient teaching prior to, and following invasive, electrophysiology and cardiology testing procedures.
- Reviews patient record and looks for any possible risk factors or contraindications for the planned procedure.
- Responds quickly and efficiently during an emergency following ACLS protocols.
- Checks and documents emergency and POC testing equipment.
- Stocks and maintains assigned work location.
- Performs all cardiology testing as per protocol.
8. Monitors patients for hemodynamic stability and arrhythmias, able to respond appropriately.
Education Training and Experience
Recent RN clinical experience in invasive cardiology testing strongly preferred
RN clinical experience in Critical Care, PACU or Prep & Recovery of invasive cardiovascular patients in lieu of invasive cardiology experience may be considered
Current Pennsylvania RN License,
BLS and ACLS certification required
Certification in a cardiovascular specialty preferredWe believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.