Nurse Anesthetist - Optum Tri-State of NY
Here at Optum, part of the largest network of medical groups in the nation, we are seeking a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist to join our growing team in NYC, Mount Kisco and, Yorktown Heights New York. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Join us today and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
CareMount Medical is a physician-led multispecialty group that was started in 1946 by a group of physicians who wanted high-quality medicine closer to home. Today we have over 45 office locations from Manhattan, NY to below the Albany, NY region along the Hudson River Valley line. Our 650 employed physicians and providers care for over 665,000 patients across the region.
- Performing and documenting a preanesthetic assessment and evaluation of the patient, including requesting consultations and diagnostic studies; selecting, obtaining, ordering, or administering preanesthetic medications and fluids; and obtaining informed consent for anesthesia
- Developing and implementing an anesthetic plan
- Selecting and initiating the planned anesthetic technique that may include general, regional, and local anesthesia and intravenous sedation
- Selecting, obtaining, or administering the anesthetics, adjuvant drugs, accessory drugs, and fluids necessary to manage the anesthetic, to maintain the patient's physiologic homeostasis, and to correct abnormal responses to the anesthesia or surgery
- Selecting, applying, or inserting appropriate noninvasive and invasive monitoring modalities for collecting and interpreting patient physiological data
- Managing a patient's airway and pulmonary status using endotracheal intubation, mechanical ventilation, pharmacological support, respiratory therapy, or extubation
- Managing emergence and recovery from anesthesia by selecting, obtaining, ordering, or administering medications, fluids, or ventilatory support to maintain homeostasis, to provide relief from pain and anesthesia side effects, or to prevent or manage complications
- Releasing or discharging patients from a post-anesthesia care area and providing post-anesthesia follow-up evaluation and care related to anesthesia side effects or complications
- Ordering, initiating, or modifying pain relief therapy, through the utilization of drugs, regional anesthetic techniques, or other accepted pain relief modalities, including labor epidural analgesia
- Responding to emergency situations by providing airway management, administration of emergency fluids or drugs, or using basic or advanced cardiac life support techniques.
- Additional nurse anesthesia responsibilities which are within the expertise of the individual CRNA
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Quadruple Aim: Improving Patient Satisfaction; Lowering Costs; Delivery High-Quality Outcomes; Increasing Provider Satisfaction and Well-Being
- Clinicians are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- Clinician-centric and clinician focused, with shared EMR across businesses to support coordinated care
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- Affiliations with prestigious organizations
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Guaranteed, competitive compensation model based on quality, not quantity, with significant earning potential, annual increases, and bonus eligibility
- Financial stability and support of a Fortune 5 Company
- Robust retirement offerings including employer funded contributions and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP for UHG Stock)
- Comprehensive benefits plan inclusive of medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, CME and malpractice coverage
- Robust clinician learning and development programs
The Optum Story in the Tri-State Region:
Optum Tri-State was formed in 2022 by bringing together Riverside Medical Group, CareMount Medical and ProHealth Care. The regional alignment combines resources and services across the care continuum – from preventative medicine to diagnostics to treatment and beyond – and features 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey, and Southern Connecticut. As a Patient Centered Medical Home, Optum Tri-State can provide patient-focused medical care to the entire family. This dynamic position would afford you the opportunity to join a regional, inter-disciplinary care team of over 2,100 providers who serve nearly 2 million patients. Our doctors and clinicians have access to the latest medical information and technology, which lets them spend more time with patients, provide better care and realize better outcomes. With Optum, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organizations are some of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at http://www.workatoptum.com/provider
- Holds current state licensure as a registered nurse in the state of New York, and complies with any applicable state statutory or regulatory requirements concerning advanced practice registered nursing
- Graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor
- Complies with one of the following requirements regarding certification eligibility, initial certification, or recertification:
- Currently certified by the Council on Certification of Nurses Anesthetists or its predecessor; or
- Currently recertified by the Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
- Insurable by an appropriate medical malpractice insurer for the limits required by this institution or state
- Demonstrates current competency in the clinical responsibilities for which the candidate is applying
New York Residents Only: The salary range for New York residents is $185,240 to $223,300 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.