Chief Risk Officer, Optum Bank - Salt Lake City, UT and Eden Prairie, MN
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum Bank seeks a passionate and highly motivated Chief Risk Officer (CRO). The primary responsibility of this role is to lead enterprise, credit, and portfolio risk management for Optum Bank.
Reporting to the Bank President, the CRO leads the risk function across all Optum Bank products including providing enterprise-wide risk management, credit risk management, risk governance, and oversight related to the 1) commercial loan portfolio (commercial real estate, working capital, and other, 2) consumer portfolio, 3) other consumer or health care providers and 4) deposits.
The CRO serves as a member of the Bank executive leadership team and leads the Bank Enterprise Risk Committee and is a key member of the Bank Asset Liability, Credit, Vendor, and IT Committees.
As a key member of the bank’s senior management team, the CRO will assume a vital role in defining and executing the bank’s strategic vision by developing and maintaining the bank’s risk management frameworks, including significant policies, processes and systems used to manage risk exposures, as well as risk measurement methodologies and approaches to stress testing.
- Lead key Risk governance and approval committees
- Evaluate and assess framework for new bank products, services, and systems
- Enhance, maintain, and execute the bank's risk appetite
- Contribute and support the development of programs, products, policies, and procedures that align with the overall strategic direction, annual business plan and budget of the bank
- Develop, manage, and monitor all risks associated with all new and existing programs, projects and activities related to lending, deposit, card, and payment products
- Develop analytical reports and presentations for senior management, committees, and regulatory exams
- Enhance and execute the Quality Control program to oversee credit, funding, collections and extension activities, including establishing standards and scorecards
- Maintain current awareness of and ensure compliance with banking laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures
- Collaborate with Compliance to manage exams and regulatory relations and ensure Compliance goals are implemented and monitored through the quality controls process
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 8+ years of leadership experience in risk management and credit functions at a financial institution, Fintech, including lending products
- Demonstrated success in managing risk policy/strategy in connection with new lending products
- Knowledge of risk management practices and experience in developing an effective risk management system
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience building and implementing risk program
- Experience with complex data analysis used to inform management reporting
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.