Security Officer - Armed
Additional Information About the Role
Full-time, Benefits Eligible, 401K & Pension
BJC needs you!
Do you have experience as a security officer? Are you looking to join a great company with awesome benefits and provides excellent growth opportunities? Are you looking for more than a job? If you answer yes, BJC may be the place for you. Christian Hospital Northeast and Christian Northwest Health Care are looking for experienced security personnel to secure our facilities. All shifts available at both locations.
- 6:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Rotating weekends required
- Works rotating holidays
Christian Hospital is a full-service acute care community hospital located on 28 acres in north St. Louis County. Christian Hospital is noted for its excellence in heart services and lifesaving cardiothoracic surgery, emergency medicine, breast health services, orthopedic/spine surgery, hyperbaric wound care, pain management, vascular surgery, endocrinology, gastrointestinal care, stroke care, nephrology, therapy, radiology, urology, pulmonary care and treating sleep disorders.
Northwest HealthCare, located six miles west of Christian Hospital, provides the community 24-hour emergency care, with Washington University Physicians and St. Louis Children’s Hospital providing pediatric services. Northwest HealthCare is also home to the Sleep Disorders Center and a variety of full-service outpatient diagnostic and imaging services in a convenient setting.
The security department's goal is to maintain a safe work environment for all staff, visitors, patients and physicians.� Security is responsible for safety at the hospital, medical office building Village North Home, plus parking lots and roadways.� Security provides a visible presence to deter problems, in addition the security officers are trained to assist with violent people and situations.�
The Armed Security Officer provides continuous patrols of the medical center, while being attentive and alert to the safety and welfare of visitors, patients, volunteers, staff, employees and hospital property.
- Individuals must be 21 years or older to work in this position.
- Responds to emergency situations according to approved, established Security Department protocol.
- Ensures equipment issued and used during the execution of duties is properly maintained.
- Provides continuous security patrols of all areas of the medical center.
- Mitigates crisis situations such as code responses, responding to disturbances, fires and disaster drills and situations.
- Ensures proper documentation is completed on all patrol vehicles. Responsible for documenting incident reports.
- High School Diploma or GED
- <2 years
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Applicable govt regulations
- Valid Driver's License
- Associate's Degree
- Criminal Justice/related
Licenses & Certifications
- ASP Baton Certification
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
- PD - PSUL
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer