Security Officer - Armed
Additional Information About the Role
- Work hours will be 3 shifts from 6:00 am to 6:30 pm or 4 shifts from 6:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Rotating Weekends
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Shift differential pay for evenings, midnights and weekends
- Paid professional training program
- Opportunities for advancement
Since 1937, Alton Memorial Hospital has cared for residents in Alton, Illinois, and the surrounding communities in a five-county area. Starting as a land gift to the community from the Smith family, Alton Memorial today is a full-service acute care hospital. Alton Memorial offers patients a variety of inpatient and outpatient services, including surgery services, medical imaging, interventional and diagnostic heart services, cancer care, rehabilitation, 24-hour emergency care, ambulance services and more.
The security department's goal is to maintain a safe work environment for all staff, visitors, patients and physicians.� Security is responsible for safety at the hospital, medical office building and�Eunice Smith Nursing Home, plus parking lots and roadw
The Armed Security Officer provides continuous patrols of the medical center, while being attentive and alert to the safety and welfare of visitors, patients, volunteers, staff, employees and hospital property.
- Individuals must be 21 years or older to work in this position.
- Responds to emergency situations according to approved, established Security Department protocol.
- Ensures equipment issued and used during the execution of duties is properly maintained.
- Provides continuous security patrols of all areas of the medical center.
- Mitigates crisis situations such as code responses, responding to disturbances, fires and disaster drills and situations.
- Ensures proper documentation is completed on all patrol vehicles. Responsible for documenting incident reports.
- High School Diploma or GED
- <2 years
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Applicable govt regulations
- Valid Driver's License
- Associate's Degree
- Criminal Justice/related
Licenses & Certifications
- ASP Baton Certification
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
- PD - PSUL
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer