Security Officer _ Unarmed Stlcty
Additional Information About the Role
- Work hours will be 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm
- Every other weekend required
- Shift Differential pay for Evenings, Midnights and Weekends
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Paid professional academy style training
- Opportunities for advancement
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The security division of the Barnes-Jewish Hospital Department of Public Safety concentrates on the safety and security of patients, visitors, and staff within the hospital and on campus. The department provides field officers, Bike and mobile patrol, investigators, and a communication unit for monitoring alarm systems and dispatching officers to service and emergency calls. All officers are required to complete annual training that focuses on health care security.
The Unarmed Security Officer provides continuous patrols of specialized clinical units within the Barnes Jewish Hospital / St. Louis Children?s Hospital / Washington University Medical Campus and Psychiatric Care Delmar Campus, being attentive and alert to the safety and welfare of visitors, patients, volunteers, staff, employees, and hospital property. Interacts with the residents, and visitors to St. Louis City as well as communicating with the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department.
- Individuals must be 21 years or older to work in this position.
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, information violators of policy and procedures.
- Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Responds to an array of emergency and non-emergency situations within specialized clinical units according to approved, established Department protocol.
- Secures the premises and personnel; monitor surveillance equipment; inspect buildings; equipment and access points; permitting entry into Barnes Jewish Hospital / St. Louis Childrens Hospital / Washington University Medical Complex / Psychiatric Care Delmar Campus by continuous patrols.
- Mitigates crisis situations, such as responding to disturbances within specialized clinical units to ensure the safety of the patients, visitors, and team members. Maintain organization?s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- No Experience
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid Driver's License
- Associate's Degree
- <2 years
Licenses & Certifications
- ASP Baton Certification
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
- STL City Unarmed Sec Lic
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer