Community Relations Specialist - Dane County, WI
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Involved in the development, presentation and delivery of community outreach initiatives, activities and market strategies to support the Medicaid business and drive membership growth.
If you are located in Dane County (Madison Area), WI, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assist in the development of community outreach strategies and tactile plans to support membership growth and combat competitive pressures
- Participate in the development and implementation of long-term and short-term growth strategies/goals in alignment with business goals (i.e., membership goals, revenue goals, and budgets)
- Utilize market research and competitive analyses to drive outreach strategies and initiatives
- Manage sponsorship inquiries; organize and participate in community events and activities to increase membership and market share
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable laws, regulations, contracts and compliance requirements (e.g, HIPAA, ACA, state contracts, CMS regulations)
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable business strategies/goals and how outreach and growth strategies can support business goals
- Influence/advocate new growth and outreach strategies to drive behavior change and meet
- business goals
- Strategize with Marketing Department on marketing campaigns during open enrollment and educational materials to use at outreach events
- Seek new community outreach opportunities and marketing strategies.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with pertinent community organizations, providers and leaders
- Create presentations to be used at stakeholder meetings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of experience
- 1+ years of experience in growth or community outreach
- Experience developing growth/community outreach strategies and tactile plans
- Experience managing multiple projects/tasks
- Proven ability to think strategically and to translate strategic directives into tactical initiatives
- Proven ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Travel up to 50% of the time within the contiguous counties in assigned territory
- Ability to work Monday - Friday and outside core business hours, including evenings and weekends, per business needs
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Hmong
- Medicaid or managed care experience
- Established professional relationships with community-based organizations (CBO’s), faith-based organizations (FBO’s), providers and local Department of Health and Human Services
- Objective, collaborative approach; ability to adapt in a dynamic and high-growth environment
- Exceptional written, verbal, analytical, organizational, problem solving and presentational skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.