Training Specialist - Colorado Springs, CO
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This isn't an HR position. This is Human Capital at UnitedHealth Group. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.
HOURS: 8:00am - 5:00pm or possibly earlier if needed MONDAY- FRIDAY, (some weekends as needed)
NO MAJOR HOLIDAYS
Located at 2 S Cascade Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum Medical Group's commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Facilitates training programs
- Performs skill and training needs assessment
- Provides procedural and service training to new hires and existing staff
- Coordinates and schedules training programs
- Supports Manager, Education and Development in all training and development programs and initiatives
- Supports Senior Training Specialists with design, facilitations and evaluation of training programs
- Evaluates training material such as outlines, text, slides and handouts.
- Produces training material
- Participates in go-lives and pilots
- Travels to training sites as requested
- Participates in meetings and committees as requested
- Uses and protects, Optum Medical Group patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Assist with coordinating and delivering training programs for new and existing clinical staff and providers on the electronic health records (EHR) system and processes, as well as other software applications being used within the organization
- Participates in the creation and delivery of training programs using a variety of methods, such as classroom, 1:1, CBT, online courses, webinars, labs, and workshops
- Assist with creating hands on exercises, job aids, videos, workflows, and scenarios for use in instructional courses as well as facilitating role-play during courses
- Serves as a training resource for all clinical and operations staff on new application and/or system upgrades as well as being a subject matter expert for the EHR system
- Responsible for training classroom preparation and clean up, including updating training materials, ensuring environment suitable for adult learning activities, collection of training course assessments and room breakdown at the conclusion of all training conducted
- Assist in testing and documentation of new and existing application functionalities
- Provides training support functions to IT Training Team and works on special assignments as required
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Directly related experience with electronic health record training and support along with relevant clinical experience may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required education
- 1+ years of experience in classroom facilitation with groups of 10-15, conducting needs assessments and evaluation training programs and materials
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or/and Teaching or Training Certification
- Adult Learning Certifications
- Allscripts Certifications
- 3+ years or more of experience
- Experience in customer service training
- Experience with blended learning styles
- Management training experience
- Project management experience
- Experience in software/applications support or training environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.