EPIC Training Specialist II
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Summary: Under general supervision, develops and conducts training programs for Everett Clinic employees on the proper and efficient use of computer applications and phone systems, including refresher classes. Train communication and etiquette policies and standards. Audit training effectiveness and problem areas to make training/policy recommendations.
If you reside in Everett, Washington, you will enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid-remote role as you take on some tough challenges
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
- Train all levels of Providers and Staff
- Conduct training of all New Employees as well as all existing staff on the Epic application. This includes Reception, Business Office, Clinical, Ancillary, Physicians and support staff. Training includes classroom training, department training and individual training as well as follow-up or refresher class training. It also includes go-live training, upgrade training, advanced subject training, and other specific training as needed or requested
- Share responsibility for all Epic training programs and training outcomes with the Training Manager
- Assist in analyzing, developing and accessing training needs for Providers and Staff
- Work closely with Reception Manager to keep up to date with Standard Work which will be incorporated into training when applicable
- Prepare lesson plans relevant to training material
- Conduct and maintain assessments
- May track and analyze training programs by examining training participant’s job performance
- May recommend changes to the training program
- Participate in TEC special projects that require staff/provider training
- Provide direction to entry-level trainers
- Maintain training environment, which includes creation of classroom environment for new application training, adding additional functionality for upgrade training, ensuring an environment that is as close to Production as possible
- Organize and update training materials used in classes. This includes core training guide, handbooks, visual aids computer tutorials
- Develop quick guides and “cheat-sheets”. Responsible for Training Department Heat Tickets as they relate to staff questions on applications
- Participate in application testing
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 2+ years of experience at The Everett Clinic
- Epic certification or ability to obtain upon hire (within 3-4 Months. Exceptions can be made under business related circumstances)
- Intermediate level of proficiency of Epic
- Advanced level of proficiency of Adult Learning Styles and Clinical systems
- Advanced level of proficiency with teaching and facilitating
- Advanced level of proficiency of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, Forms, Word)
- Ability to travel to all Clinic locations
- Ability to attend in person Epic classes in Madison, understand the content and become certified
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- MA-C/RN license may be required if training clinical
- 2+ years in healthcare system training experience
- Ability to work with a wide range of staff and speak in front of large groups
- Ability to design, develop, implement and evaluate curriculum, training objectives and instructional aides
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.